Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Have you got a nice story?

God, I miss Bob Hope. My only chance to see him would have been Desert Storm, but, because I was special ops and close to the front lines, that opportunity did not manifest. Hollywood, could learn a lesson from this man’s legacy today.
    R. Reece Mullins Ebony R1200RT (Gretchen)
    MOA # 143779
    MOA Charter Club #5 #364 #100
    BMW MOA Vice President

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    From CBS Sunday morning-

I find it interesting that as the point of help Mellissa is trying to present, someone in the comments section complains about the size of their house

OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

From 60 Minutes-

Full story here- https://www.cbsnews.com/video/new-or...-2021-03-14/#x

OM
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Thumbs up

From the mouth of babes...

Seems like the kids understand how the world works better than we adults at times. Maybe we should listen. Thanks for sharing as always Gary.
    R. Reece Mullins Ebony R1200RT (Gretchen)
    MOA # 143779
    MOA Charter Club #5 #364 #100
    BMW MOA Vice President

I always find this a nice time of year. We are well into calving season here in Montana. Every time we pass our neighbor’s ranch there are more calves. They are often sound asleep in the middle of the hay that was spread for their moms to eat, clueless that they are causing problems, but warm and comfortable. Seeing them is always a hoot, and to the rancher it is money in the bank. We should be seeing his buffalos calving soon.
    Kevin Huddy
    Silver City, Montana
    MOA# 24,790 Ambassador

Saluting a Father's dedication-

From CBS-4 Boston-

Dick Hoyt, who pushed son in multiple Boston Marathons, dies at 80

Hoyt first pushed his son, who is a quadriplegic and has cerebral palsy, in the Boston Marathon in 1980. They completed 32 Boston Marathons together.

Dick Hoyt first pushed his son, who is quadriplegic and has cerebral palsy, in the Boston Marathon in 1980. Dick and Rick, in a specialized wheelchair, completed 32 Boston Marathons together, until Dick, citing health issues, retired in 2014.

Full story here- https://www.cbs8.com/article/news/na...7-51a8735cc4d1

om
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Saw that and recall seeing their story before. Incredible dad and athlete, that’s true commitment. RIP sir.
    Steve Henson-Mod Team and past prez SABMWRA

Be decisive, right or wrong.The road of life is paved with
    flat squirrels who couldn't make a decision~unknown

Back in the saddle again mikegalbicka's Avatar
    He was quite an inspiration to me while raising my own special son.

Dick Hoyt represented the best of what people can be.
    Dave K.
    1971 R75/5, 2016 R1200R

When Dustin Vitale’s mother, Gloria, was diagnosed with terminal cancer last year, he decided he would try to take her on the trip she always dreamed of, to see the pyramids in Egypt, and bring along all 14 family members. To fund his act of love, this Philadelphia middle-school teacher began selling cheesesteaks, even though he doesn't own a restaurant. Steve Hartman reports.

om
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

A story of sacrifice-

TAUNTON, Mass. (WPRI) ─ The widow of a Taunton man killed in a violent rampage at the Silver City Galleria nearly five years ago is asking for the community’s help spreading kindness in her husband’s memory.

George Heath was fatally stabbed while protecting a pregnant Bertucci’s Restaurant waitress, who was being attacked by a knife-wielding man at the Silver City Galleria on May 10, 2016.

Ever since her husband died, Rosemary Heath has been spreading kindness in his memory, even donating one of her kidneys to honor his legacy.

“He was my hero,” she said. “If I needed anything, he was there.”

Full story here- https://www.wpri.com/news/local-news...-of-his-death/

OM
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

From CBS Sunday Morning-

OM
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Louisiana fraternity brothers pay off former cook’s mortgage~
    Members of a Louisiana State University fraternity have chipped in more than $50,000 to pay off the mortgage of a woman who fed them when they were students.

From ABC News-

BAKER, La. -- Members of a Louisiana State University fraternity chipped in more than $50,000 to pay off the mortgage of a woman who fed them when they were students.

About a dozen members of Phi Gamma Delta surprised Jessie Hamilton with the money for her 74th birthday on April 3 in Baker, Louisiana, The Advocate reported. Roughly 90 fraternity members raised $51,765, with each brother donating between $600 and $1,000 on average, the newspaper said.

“That shows how they all felt about her,” said Andrew Fusaiotti, who was a member of the fraternity in the late 1980s. “Jessie is one of these people that shows up to work and always has a smile on her face, eager to please and never complains.”

Hamilton worked for 14 years as a cook for the fraternity, but Fusaiotti also recalled her helping students with rides to the grocery store and doctor when he was on campus.

Another member, Will Rainey, said the fraternity brothers formed a special bond with Hamilton.

At the start of the pandemic, Fusaiotti called to check on her. She was still working two jobs to pay a 30-year mortgage for the home she bought at the age of 60.

Her plan was to continue working until the home was paid off. Now, she has plans to retire and visit Hawaii.

“This has been a blessing to me,” Hamilton said. “I have been worrying about how I was going to pay my house off. I am grateful for what God has done and has led them to do for me.”

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/...tgage-77053894

OM
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Seventeen-year-old Walker Smallwood, of Dixie Heights High School in Edgewood, Kentucky, always dreamed of pitching in the pros, until the promising leftie was diagnosed with a rare bone cancer in his leg. Though now in remission, the cancer appears to have ended his baseball career. But not before he got one last chance to pitch in a game. Steve Hartman reports the box score.

om
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

What we can do when we are all rowing in the same direction

RECAP: 4 astronauts return home in SpaceX Dragon capsule with nighttime splashdown

From News 6 Orlando.

OM
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200