• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Have you got a nice story?

Omega Man

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat
Staff member
Have you got a nice story? Perhaps you have a tale of adversity overcome or something uplifting to share. Perhaps you received exceptional care or service and you would like to share? Maybe the neighbor that you never took the time to meet put your package undercover when the rain came in early.
It seems that all too frequently that the internet becomes a place to vent....How about some good news for a change?

http://fox2now.com/2015/08/07/after...oy-embarks-on-mission-to-make-everyone-smile/

OM :)

The "what if" they didn't step in is chilling for sure.

Definitely a feel good story and some genuine heroes:thumb

As a result of a recent story on CBS Sunday Morning, over $600,000 has been received in donations to bring water HERE
:thumb
OM

Does this count ?

My arthritis has been really bad lately. The other day I put out my garbage can for collection . Late that afternoon I heard my neighbor bringing her can in. Oops I need to get mine, I said to myself. About that time I heard a second can being rolled ?? I look out & it is her [neighbor] rolling my can back to where I keep it. I opened the door & thank her, she says.....I saw you put it out this morning , and it looked like every step hurt ! so I thought I'd lend a hand ...:)

I hope she knows how much I appreciated it ? My appreciation goes way beyond a thank you :thumb

During this season of thanksgiving take the time, learn to be.. or relearn to be thankful. Let people know sincerely that you appreciate what they did for you. Even if you paid them to do it for you. Monetary compensation only goes so far. Don't make the mistake of enslaving your waitress, your airline attendant, your taki cab driver, your BMW service tech simply because you paid for the service. Always thank the people in your life that work for you, and those who help just because they love you.

I want to take the time on the forums to thank all the regulars here. Our discourse here blesses me. I also want to take the time to thank the leadership, staff, and volunteers, to include the leadership and the staff from the past. We have a great organization, that sort of thing doesn't happen by accident. A warm and sincere thankyou.

Saw that on the news this evening; good story. I'll be glad when we as a society can cut that seven daecades down for recognition. Take the time to thank a vet now. Get involved. My comrades from Iraq and Afghanistan are killing themselves because they think no one cares. Let them know you care. It's important.

Thanks Rosie. You rocked.

Minnesota man leaves church his treasured car collection
MAY 7, 2016, 8:11 AM|A church in Minnesota is giving thanks for a remarkable donation that came from a congregation member whose generosity was revealed only after his death. In life, Dennis Erickson's gift was a carefully-guarded secret, but it will now affect generations to come. Mark Albert reports.

http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/minnesota-man-leaves-church-his-treasured-car-collection/

OM

A great stop (by) The Police~

Some good old fashion police work......So nice to see when it works.

13244852_1022391021178214_5567114049974794937_n.jpg

A Selfless Meal, and Conversation, for Two
We were shown this picture from a third-party who had not taken the photo, nor knew anything about it, other than they thought it was taken in Fall River. After a little digging, we were able to locate the citizen who had taken the photo. The citizen said the well-dressed Trooper in a suit appeared to be having lunch with a panhandler on Davol Street in Fall River. The citizen was struck by what he saw, snapped the photo, and posted...

Click here to read more! :thumb

OM

Garrison Keillor...takes a break

One of the things I liked about Garrison Keillor was his ability to tell a story that I could "see", even with it being on the radio.

garrison-keillor-at-microphone-620-phc.jpg

It will be big shoes to fill, reporting on the goings on at Lake Wobegon.
Once again, CBS Sunday has brought us another nice story- http://www.cbsnews.com/news/garrison-keillor-signs-off/

OM

Back