Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18

Thread: Have you got a nice story?

I am grateful for the many kind club members I have come to know over the years, many of whom are here on the forums. As always, a great reminder Gary.
    R. Reece Mullins 2022 Sport Blue R1250RT (Anja)
    MOA # 143779
    MOA Charter Club #5 #364 #100 #1
    BMW MOA President

Just a nice moment more than an above-and-beyond experience, but on the way to the Hamburg rally I spent a few days in southern Ontario, camping at a provincial park and hiking and riding around and generally enjoying the scenery (even visited Lakeside Park, being a Rush fan). I knew I'd need tires along the way so before leaving home I made an appointment at a little mo'orsickle shop in Kingston Ontario. Nice shop, a one-man operation with several nifty old European bikes from the '30s perched on shelves around the work-area.

The guy gets my GS onto the lift and starts removing the rear wheel. He sees and mentions my Georgia plate and says, "out doin' a little touring, eh?" "just a little," I replied.
    Cool guy, hope he's still in business and doing well.
    2012 R1200GS
    "If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's electrical." -somebody's dad
    http://www.thethingaboutcars.com/

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar

Cool Steve Hartman prime time special

From Twitter, no account needed-

For 20 years people have been asking me, "When is CBS going to give you your own prime time special?"
    I can now answer that definitively.

Wednesday at 10PM ET. (12/28/22)

The show is called "The Gift: Kindness Goes Viral" and I'm really hoping you'll tune in - for a couple reasons:

https://twitter.com/SteveHartmanCBS?...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose". MI5
    Moderator Team.
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Hull restaurant owner surprises staff with Christmas gift of a lifetime

HULL, MASS Jess Travis bought Toast, a popular breakfast and lunch restaurant on Nantasket Avenue, in the fall of 2019.

Months later, the pandemic hit. She lost most of her staff and had to switch to doing only takeout on the fly. Three years later, she's rebuilt and, at peak hours, customers line up outside and brave the winter cold as they wait for a table.

To show her appreciation for new staff and the two pre-pandemic holdovers, Travis planned a special Christmas surprise for her employees: a trip to Disney World. Next May, she'll take her employees and their families to Magic Kingdom in Florida. Travis said 27 people total are going on the vacation.

Full story from The Patriot Ledger here- https://www.patriotledger.com/story/...d/69764158007/

OM
    Moderator Team.
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Something to consider.......Something to perhaps work on?

OM
    Moderator Team.
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Something to be aware of. Something to look for in places you visit.

These have come a long way. Most are well maintained as there is a maintenance tone alerting when maintenance is required. Sometimes there is an alert when the storage cabinet is opened.

OM
    Moderator Team.
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Yeah, it's a promo for Home Depot....... It's also a great concept.

Help if you can. Help when you can.

OM
    Moderator Team.
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

From Sunday Morning-

Great all they way around.

OM
    Moderator Team.
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200