• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Have you got a nice story?

From Steve Hartman, CBS News-

:clap
om
Well just &*#t, now I feel like crying. Thanks OM for cheering me up! Seriously, what an amazing, unselfish little girl. It is so sad how lonely some people are, and how easy it is to make them happier with practically nothing.

:usa :usa :usa

SalutingEmoji.jpg

om

Bikers surprise Indiana girl running lemonade stand after mom assists during motorcycle accident

Thirsty bikers won’t just settle for any old glass of lemonade — they only stop for the “best lemonade in the state.”

That’s exactly what happened in Chili, Ind. when a group of bikers visited an 8-year-old girl’s lemonade stand as part of a surprise they organized for the girl and her mom......

More: https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/bikers-indiana-girl-lemonade-stand-motorcycle-accident

One of the top-ranked archers in the country is 37-year-old Matt Stutzman of Fairfield, Iowa, who has medaled in a sport that many would have thought beyond his reach: he was born without arms. Lee Cowan finds out how, with a simple bow and arrow, a man who just wanted to provide for his family became an inspiration.

OM

When electrician John Kinney of Woburn, Massachusetts, visited Gloria Scott's home for a simple light repair, he realized there was much more work to be done. Steve Hartman has more on this week's "On The Road."

:thumb :thumb :thumb

om

That's a great story - thanks for sharing it.

Sure wish he could have pronounced Woburn right, though!

That's a great story - thanks for sharing it.

Sure wish he could have pronounced Woburn right, though!

:thumb

It's nice to see good being done....and hear a nice story.

I've been to a number of places that I butchered the name of- still butcher some. :)

OM

His Check Engine Light Came On - BMW Motorcycle Mechanic Responds

In the north part of Michigan BMW mechanics are far and few between partly because the people are far and few between.

In St Helen, Michigan there is a mechanic by the name of Rob Lacey, BMW OA member, that can work on almost anything, boats, airheads, K bikes, people etc.

Rob is a former member of the U.S. Navy and works as an EMT locally on top of wrenching and on top of who knows what.

He is going over a K1200RS for me to sell from my Brother-In-Laws estate and called last Thursday night to see if I could get him an oil filter or if he needed to order it.

Rob does not trouble himself with the internet and I am back and forth to BMW of Grand Rapids more than I should be.

I had not heard from him for a couple weeks so I asked how everything is going.

He said, in a ho hum way, he had a little problem a few weeks ago but everything is OK now.

He had a little discomfort in his chest and arms so he drove himself over to the Fire Barn that the EMT's work out of. Not a fulltime presence.

He hooked himself up and performed an EKG, determined he had a problem and called dispatch to have an ambulance come and get him.

After an trip south and a few stents later he is back to work and looks pretty good.

If you need your bike or body checked out there is a BMW mechanic in Michigan that can do that.

If you want to drop him a card - he will probably figure out who told you but you don't need to tell him.

Rob Lacey
1971 Duck Rd.
St. Helen, MI 48656

In the north part of Michigan BMW mechanics are far and few between partly because the people are far and few between.

In St Helen, Michigan there is a mechanic by the name of Rob Lacey, BMW OA member, that can work on almost anything, boats, airheads, K bikes, people etc.

Rob is a former member of the U.S. Navy and works as an EMT locally on top of wrenching and on top of who knows what.

He is going over a K1200RS for me to sell from my Brother-In-Laws estate and called last Thursday night to see if I could get him an oil filter or if he needed to order it.

Rob does not trouble himself with the internet and I am back and forth to BMW of Grand Rapids more than I should be.

I had not heard from him for a couple weeks so I asked how everything is going.

He said, in a ho hum way, he had a little problem a few weeks ago but everything is OK now.

He had a little discomfort in his chest and arms so he drove himself over to the Fire Barn that the EMT's work out of. Not a fulltime presence.

He hooked himself up and performed an EKG, determined he had a problem and called dispatch to have an ambulance come and get him.

After an trip south and a few stents later he is back to work and looks pretty good.

If you need your bike or body checked out there is a BMW mechanic in Michigan that can do that.

If you want to drop him a card - he will probably figure out who told you but you don't need to tell him.

Rob Lacey
1971 Duck Rd.
St. Helen, MI 48656

I’ll wager that Rob is upset that he had to have someone else put in the stents. But, if there is a next time he will be ready.

A 21-year-old man has made history as the first person with Down syndrome to complete an Ironman triathlon

CNN)Special Olympics athlete Chris Nikic crossed the finish line on Saturday to become the first person with Down syndrome to complete an Ironman triathlon.

Guiness World Records recognized Nikic's achievement after he finished a 2.4-mile swim, a 112-mile bike ride and a 26.2-marathon run at the Ironman Florida competition in Panama City Beach.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/09/heal...yndrome-completes-ironman-scn-trnd/index.html

Nice :thumb

OM

Back