• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

T-Mobile worked in Billings

guenner

I could not get my t-mobile phone to connect to AT&T at the fairground. Could someone else with a t-mobile phone roam via AT&T?

I ask because t-mobile support told me that I should be able to use my phone there.

Thanks,
Guenther

My Tmobile phone worked at the Rally via ATT's network, mostly. The bars did fade away at times. Data roaming also worked until I exceeded my roaming max which didn't take long given the WiFi situation.

Being Canadian and not wanting to incur outrageous roaming charges, I purchased a package from Roam Mobility so I could be 'self reliant' for texting friends/family and have phone signal if I needed it. The website indicated they had partner coverage for talk and text most places we'd be travelling, but I had no service from Wisconsin, heading west, and had to rely on hotel wifi. The wifi service at the rally would occasionally allow me to connect, but would quickly drop out, so it was of no use.

Next year in Hamburg it should work much better!

jkersh1,

I got a strong AT&T signal but I could not register on the AT&T network. I was on the phone with t-mobile support via WiFi but they had no idea. Maybe my four year old phone is too old?

/Guenther

Back