• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

A Brief Photo Journey of My Rally Experience

av8rpaul

Finally have a little time to post a few more photographical memories of my trip.

Packed up and leaving the house

First night in Winnemucca and a healthy breakfast...my last one for many days...

NOT a Starbucks but really good coffee!

Welcome to 80mph speed limits!

Pulled into West Yellowstone for breakfast and saw these 3 gentlemen and invited myself to eat with them. Bill, Mitch, and Rueben (aka The Kid).

Bill and his R100/7. Where to next?

Apparently, he has ridden few roads. This should impress any rider.

Said see you later to the fellows and headed into Yellowstone Park. My baby posing by the Madison River.

#incrediblescenery

Ridiculous fun coupled with amazing beauty.

Made it! Home sweet tent.

My baby posing with the Jesses

Looking good with her new Jesse luggage installed!

More to come...

Teach is incredible.

Love these early bikes!

Roy Eastwood, Mike Kneebone, yours truly, and Ross Copas. Four old school Iron Butts, I had the pleasure of riding the '87 rally with Mike and Ross, and my dad had ridden with all 3 in either 1985, 86, or 87. Great time.

Packed up and ready to head home, with new Jesses, Altrider engine guards, skid plate, and headlight guard, and Seat Concepts seat.

Bear watching at the Pahaska Teepee Resort just outside of East Yellowstone. Stopped there for breakfast, great food and atmosphere.

Yellowstone Lake

Tetons!

Tetons selfie

Lawman in Jackson Hole

Moonrise through the pines (or firs, pines just sounded more romantic) from my campsite at the Jackson Hole/Snake River KOA

And on that note I'll wrap this little journey up. Spent a lot more time in the saddle the rest of the way home and not taking pictures. Hope you enjoyed these.

Last edited:
What wonderful photography.... and a memorable trip.
Thank you for sharing!
:thumb

Paul you strike me as the poster child BMW MOA member. Brand new 2015 GS, ride and document vacation to rally, enjoy the rally, spend major coin at rally with venders to make your sweet ride even sweeter, and then post your epic vacation with lots of photos soon as you get home.

Well thank you very much sir! I consider that quite a complement!:)

Great Pictures Paul, and by the way, what do you fly? I used to fly into RNO a lot. Love that area.

Excellent trip report. Thanks for posting.

In the first part, I was wondering if your luggage was on order....:)