• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

front end wobble

oldrolex

Hello folks.

I have a 2014 C650gt that has a wobble in the from end at certain speeds on execration and deceleration. I had the front wheel balanced and its the same. Years ago I had a r11 that did the same thing. Is this common for everyone or is it just my scooter? I did do a search and found nothing on any forum.

thanks

No one having this issue??

Last edited:
How many miles on tires, pressure your running?
Has anyone checked balance
My wife's 650gt has had no problems

There are several things that can cause a front end wobble. Low air pressure in the tire is a common cause. Weight distributed toward the back of the bike can cause a very bad wobble too. Bad front wheel bearing can cause front end stability issues too as can damaged front forks. Tires that worn unevenly can cause some strange wobbles as can tires that are no properly balanced. Some windshield can cause what feels like a wheel wobble too.

Some Harley Davidson machine, pre-2008 or so suffered from the feared "death wobble" that was caused by a lack of rigidity in the frame and the rear suspension. While it has largely been addressed by the factory, pushing a Harley had in a corner can still bring on the death wobble on some Harley models.

If you do a little research on this phenomenon, you will see that the death wobble has been around for a very long time and on a multitude of motorcycles. The next time that you notice a wobble, gradually shift your weight forward on the bike and see if it goes away. Traditionally, that has been the way to bring a bad wobble under control.

Pete

Hello folks.

I have a 2014 C650gt that has a wobble in the from end at certain speeds on execration and deceleration. I had the front wheel balanced and its the same. Years ago I had a r11 that did the same thing. Is this common for everyone or is it just my scooter? I did do a search and found nothing on any forum.

thanks

No one having this issue??

Wobble

The bike only has 1k miles, the front wheel has been balance and no difference. Tire pressure is 34 and the dealer would like me to bring it in to check the head bearings....although they are 100 miles away.

New tire fixed the issue

Took it to the dealer and the checked the head bearings and found everything was okay except the tire was bad. New tire and all is good.

Took it to the dealer and the checked the head bearings and found everything was okay except the tire was bad. New tire and all is good.

glad that was resolved without spending too much money or time on it. sometimes you just get a bad batch with tyres - just bad luck. :)

Back