• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2015 GSA - Handle bar risers

Old Rider - OK Mechanic
Anyone found a set that can be installed with the existing brake line and cables ?

I installed a set from TouraTech with no problems. ROX has risers also, but some lines need to be relocated.

bob

I put Rox risers on my wife's R1200GS and rerouted the cables/hoses without disconnecting any of them.

Touratech 25mm bar risers part #045-5256 I installed on my 2014 GSA with no adjustment of cables or lines. Made me a happy guy.

Rox Risers also makes a set that does not require rerouting of cables, etc. I bought these from Revzilla "Rox 1 1/2" Block Risers BMW R1200GS Watercooled 2013-2015" and paid $85.50 for them. They are not the traditional Rox Risers that rotate forward / backward but, are the basic block risers. I put a set on my '15 GS and am very pleased with mine! Good luck!

Last edited:
Cable re-routing

I put Rox risers on my wife's R1200GS and rerouted the cables/hoses without disconnecting any of them.

Did you have to re-route both the throttle and brake lines. The brake line is pretty easy to re-route but how about the throttle wires. do they disconnect from the throttle assembly .. Can you give me some idea of what I am looking at.

Thanks for your reply.

I put the bike on the centerstand and removed the cap on the top of each fork tube. There is a nut that secures the fork to the top "triple tree". Remove one nut at a time and lower the fork leg out of the way to reroute the cables. Secure the side you started with before moving to the other side. This sounds scary but in fact is very easy with simple tools. Total install time was 45 minutes.

So far I've tried the Wunderlich 40mm (raises and brings bars back), 25mm (straight block risers) which do not require re-routing of any lines.

Also tried the Rox 2-inch adjustable risers, which do require moving the lines outside the fork tubes as described above. The Rox site has pretty simple instructions on how to do this. Very easy to do.

I didn't care for the way the Rox risers mount, so I settled on the 25mm Wunderlich risers as my riser of choice on my 2015 GSA.

Back