Thread: 2015 GSA - Handle bar risers

2015 GSA - Handle bar risers

Anyone found a set that can be installed with the existing brake line and cables ?
    Dave Nicholls
    Teulon Manitoba - Canada

2010 1200RT

I installed a set from TouraTech with no problems. ROX has risers also, but some lines need to be relocated.

bob

I put Rox risers on my wife's R1200GS and rerouted the cables/hoses without disconnecting any of them.
    Paul
    Stop wrestling with your motorcycle, dance with it.
    2011 R1200RT Traded
    2014 R1200RT fully optioned

Touratech 25mm bar risers part #045-5256 I installed on my 2014 GSA with no adjustment of cables or lines. Made me a happy guy.
    Janda
    2014 GSA
    2011 R1200R [sold]

Rox Risers also makes a set that does not require rerouting of cables, etc. I bought these from Revzilla "Rox 1 1/2" Block Risers BMW R1200GS Watercooled 2013-2015" and paid $85.50 for them. They are not the traditional Rox Risers that rotate forward / backward but, are the basic block risers. I put a set on my '15 GS and am very pleased with mine! Good luck!
    Last edited by shropdog; 08-04-2015 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Typo

Cable re-routing

Quote Originally Posted by sedanman View Post
    I put Rox risers on my wife's R1200GS and rerouted the cables/hoses without disconnecting any of them.
    Did you have to re-route both the throttle and brake lines. The brake line is pretty easy to re-route but how about the throttle wires. do they disconnect from the throttle assembly .. Can you give me some idea of what I am looking at.

Thanks for your reply.
    Dave Nicholls
    Teulon Manitoba - Canada

2010 1200RT

I put the bike on the centerstand and removed the cap on the top of each fork tube. There is a nut that secures the fork to the top "triple tree". Remove one nut at a time and lower the fork leg out of the way to reroute the cables. Secure the side you started with before moving to the other side. This sounds scary but in fact is very easy with simple tools. Total install time was 45 minutes.
    Paul
    Stop wrestling with your motorcycle, dance with it.
    2011 R1200RT Traded
    2014 R1200RT fully optioned

So far I've tried the Wunderlich 40mm (raises and brings bars back), 25mm (straight block risers) which do not require re-routing of any lines.

Also tried the Rox 2-inch adjustable risers, which do require moving the lines outside the fork tubes as described above. The Rox site has pretty simple instructions on how to do this. Very easy to do.

I didn't care for the way the Rox risers mount, so I settled on the 25mm Wunderlich risers as my riser of choice on my 2015 GSA.