• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Quick thoughts on Billings rally

Billings Rally

I though it was a great rally. The facility was much better that what I expected. When they announced the rally site, I was concerned. When they said "Expo Center", I though it would be like facility in Gillette were there was one food vendors and showers required a shuttle ride and had limited hours. Showers are always going to be a challenge at a nation rally. I go at 3 Am and never have to stand in line.

Just my view

It is obvious to me from some of the comments in this thread that some people just shouldn't go to rallies. The level of nirvana some folks seem to demand just doesn't happen when camping at a rally in a new little mini-city of a few thousand folks.

Showers were available. Water was available. Food was available. Shade was available. Air conditioned spaces for vendors and seminars were available. Grass to camp on was available.

If finding these things exceeded a person's situational awareness, then maybe a rally is the wrong place to be.

Thanks Paul for bringing up what to me, is the obvious. I'd personally, have no problem camping out in the desert in Arizona, in August, just to hang out with my extended family. And I'd be smart enough to bring my own water and food. Showering in a three head circle reminds ne of high school, not prison:)

Back