• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Dells Rally 2015

burn.jpg

Well, I have some bad news..:cry

I'm sorry to say.. I'm still going to the rally.. :dance

Two pages and no Roy.. :blah

rr.jpg

Better late than never.. :thumb

Nice rally. Lots of whining overheard around the coffee this morning, but I was perfectly comfy all night long. Got up at 7 and packed up.. Since I was in the woods I didn't have any dew, so I was able to pack up and was actually on the road by 8, and that was after a cup of coffee.

Had to deal with rolling speed bumps around Mount Horeb, but did get to see Tom VanHorn as he was directing traffic so the precious bicycle riders weren't interrupted..

Helix ran like a champ all weekend.. And for the record, I did ride a BMW to a BMW rally this year.. Had the GS at Hiawatha.. So there.

Just returned home from the rally and want to thank all those hard working folks who put on the rally for a great time. It was my first, and I'll return in the future if there is another one next year. The weather couldn't have been any better, with cool nights and warm dry days. For a family event, it looked like both adults and kids had a ball, with me included. Thanks to all who stopped by my tent to offer opinions on how to find the leak in my rear tire which ended up being a little (really little) staple that was really hard to find as it was almost completely buried under the rubber where it entered. I used the Stop & Go plug to repair, as it was in the best place possible for a repair job, and ran 500 miles home to St. Louie with nary a whimper from my tire. So, just that one repair paid for the cost of the kit, and I'll be recommending it to everyone that asks my opinion, (not that that happens very often). So, thank goodness it already had 7500 miles on the tire so that I don't feel so bad about having to mount a new one before I'd used up most of the tires life span. I didn't care that much for the Continental 70's anyway and was looking for an excuse to change them out....:)

So, thanks again for a great time folks..... Two Thumbs Up for your effort!

OUTSTANDING Rally Wisconsin BMW Club! Once again all was right...weather, meeting and greeting new and old friends, food and beverages, and ATTITUDES! We'll be back next year!

Julie and Chuck

Nice rally. Lots of whining overheard around the coffee this morning, but I was perfectly comfy all night long. Got up at 7 and packed up.. Since I was in the woods I didn't have any dew, so I was able to pack up and was actually on the road by 8, and that was after a cup of coffee.

Had to deal with rolling speed bumps around Mount Horeb, but did get to see Tom VanHorn as he was directing traffic so the precious bicycle riders weren't interrupted..

Helix ran like a champ all weekend.. And for the record, I did ride a BMW to a BMW rally this year.. Had the GS at Hiawatha.. So there.
I wasn't late. On time is when I get there Sonny.
For the record, that was a hoot, I had fun. Lucky for that, things did not go well at home.
Thanks Wisconsin Club.

Muhahahaha
You rode a scooter 😄
Did not have any fun. Think it must have been the weather
We rolled by Tom, he was not enjoying his duties at all
Nice one Wisconsin Club, thanks

I forgot to mention what the whining was about.
It wasn't the rally but folks who didn't sleep well because of the teeth chattering. :) mostly their own!!
I was cozy in my hammock.

Actually my only complaint was with the 4 wheel Harley drivers. Same attitude, using each other to convince themselves that revving engines loudly is cool, and that all around should pay attention to them!!!
I hope the "hotrodders" pick a different weekend next year. Maybe during a Harley event so they can have a loud exhaust/small wiener competition??

I forgot to mention what the whining was about.
It wasn't the rally but folks who didn't sleep well because of the teeth chattering. :) mostly their own!!
I was cozy in my hammock.

Actually my only complaint was with the 4 wheel Harley drivers. Same attitude, using each other to convince themselves that revving engines loudly is cool, and that all around should pay attention to them!!!
I hope the "hotrodders" pick a different weekend next year. Maybe during a Harley event so they can have a loud exhaust/small wiener competition??

Quit whining.
:lol
That was a hoot. I had fun.

Skeeter! I at least know you read this. Click on my name and send me a message when you want to talk RT fairing.
:lol

:wave

Scootered also as I hit the magic button on the RT all loaded and . . . . no joy
Hmmm, battery maybe 18 mos, two years? Drat
Had options though
That Garrison Bros needed to breathe
We got tossed from the Hobbit Hole in deference to commerce
New site was . . . dare I say it . . . better?

My HONDA scooter started right away.
:dance

Hell, my R80 started right away on Friday morning when I road it to work. If the Helix hadn't already been packed I'd have ridden it to the rally. :D

Yeah the RT has turned on me lately.
"Welcome to the party, pal" or my turn in the barrel
This too is correctable

Last edited:
Back