• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2015 R1200GSA Dual Sport Helmets

I won't be of much help since I liked both I've used. First was a Shoei Hornet, second (and current) is an Arai XD4. Shoei fit more comfortably, but XD4 is snugger and probably a correct fit. XD4 has lots of vents, which is good and bad. Trying to remember which why is open and which directs air up the visor is a pain. Plus some are on the small side for working with gloves. But when set right it vents great and doesn't fog. The Shoei also vented very well and was easier to tweak, but tended to fog easier. I have no experience with any of the others.

Oh, I did learn to tuck my chin a bit when I did a head check for traffic. The sun screen catches less air that way. And I didn't use either as full time helmets. I use a modular most of the time.

Back