• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Dynamic Motorrad LED Turn Signal Bulbs

Chicota

Anyone tried the LED turn signal bulbs being marketed by Dynamic Motorrad? They are supposed to be plug and go, CANBUS compatible, and much brighter than the standard bulbs. I am considering for 2013 RT.

R/Jim

I have them. They are truly plug and play and work just fine with the can-bus. I think they are much brighter than stock bulbs, but very expensive.

Doug

Got 'em too for my '12 GSA and well worth the money. Think I paid around $100 for all 4. Much brighter/more conspicuous.

"Probably" (I don't know for sure, but can't think of any reason why not) - but since they're Can-Bus "compatible", the benefits are longer life and the instant-on/off action. You (probably) don't gain any reduced current draw, since that "compatible" part means that they'll pull the same current that the factory system expects to see.

FYI if you go to AdvRider website and go to the "gear" forum and then "vendors", you'll find a post titled BMW can-bus compatible LED signals. All the info is there. They were offering a discount to AdvRider members (free to join). Don't know if that is still on or not.

Cheers

Strange...

I called them to inquire about fitment for my 2015 R1200RTW and they directed me to one of their distributors that happen to be in Canada. They stated they are not currently compatible with my model. Does that sound strange as the new RT shares the same Can-bus system at the GS does it not?

Howard - I haven't seen what Wal-Mart has, but I've purchased several LED replacements for my tail & brake lights (not turn sigs) from auto parts stores and also a big distributor in Texas - all of these were about $20 each - just to see what they were and if they'd work out for us, and I was VERY disappointed. These cheaper ones did not have enough light output to even fill the lens.
Maybe the big-bucks ones are better (obviously some folks think so), so caveat emptor...

I called them to inquire about fitment for my 2015 R1200RTW and they directed me to one of their distributors that happen to be in Canada. They stated they are not currently compatible with my model. Does that sound strange as the new RT shares the same Can-bus system at the GS does it not?
The R12RTW already has OE LED turn signals. It also has no "sockets" like an incandescent bulb into which to insert a replacement LED "bulb."

Your safety, your $, your call.

Personally, I have no issue with the brightness or longevity of the turn signals on my BMW (I've replaced one turn signal bulb in 7 years) and I don't have anyone turning in front of me or piling into me from the back when I'm making a turn or changing lanes.

So, just for the purposes of discussion, at what point does the cost outweigh the benefit? $200? $300? Never?

Maybe pricy, but well worth it . . . IMHO

Just replaced mine on a 2005 R1200 ST and they are great. CANbus is happy and even though they had no listing for my bike, I ordered it for the 2007 RT and told them I needed the 150deg bulb. That refers to the bulb where the pins are not at 180 deg to each other but on a lesser angle. Just pull you bulbs and check. :thumb

Back