Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dynamic Motorrad LED Turn Signal Bulbs

Dynamic Motorrad LED Turn Signal Bulbs

Anyone tried the LED turn signal bulbs being marketed by Dynamic Motorrad? They are supposed to be plug and go, CANBUS compatible, and much brighter than the standard bulbs. I am considering for 2013 RT.

R/Jim

I have them. They are truly plug and play and work just fine with the can-bus. I think they are much brighter than stock bulbs, but very expensive.

Doug
    Doug
    '12 R1200RT - The Green Machine
    '07 R1200RT - (sold)

Fortes fortuna iuvat
    Got 'em too for my '12 GSA and well worth the money. Think I paid around $100 for all 4. Much brighter/more conspicuous.

Are these bulbs compatible with older Airheads like my 1993 R100GS?
    Ambassador BMW MOA Ontario Canada
    President Niagara BMW Riders #298
    Knights of the Roundel #333
    1977 R100RS, (Retired) 1993 R100GS (just getting started)

"Probably" (I don't know for sure, but can't think of any reason why not) - but since they're Can-Bus "compatible", the benefits are longer life and the instant-on/off action. You (probably) don't gain any reduced current draw, since that "compatible" part means that they'll pull the same current that the factory system expects to see.

Thanks for the responses. I'm going to order them for the RT.

R/Jim

Fortes fortuna iuvat
    FYI if you go to AdvRider website and go to the "gear" forum and then "vendors", you'll find a post titled BMW can-bus compatible LED signals. All the info is there. They were offering a discount to AdvRider members (free to join). Don't know if that is still on or not.

Cheers

Are these similar to the "can-bus" friendly LED's that are being sold at Wal-Mart?

One Ring To Rule Them All AirBender's Avatar

Unhappy Strange...

I called them to inquire about fitment for my 2015 R1200RTW and they directed me to one of their distributors that happen to be in Canada. They stated they are not currently compatible with my model. Does that sound strange as the new RT shares the same Can-bus system at the GS does it not?
    "Are you living life the way you were meant to, or how you have been led to think you are supposed to?"
    1989 Yamaha FZR 400 Racebike (r.i.p.), 2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold), 1983 custom naked Honda Goldwing (sold), 2015 San Marino Blue BMW R1200RT

Howard - I haven't seen what Wal-Mart has, but I've purchased several LED replacements for my tail & brake lights (not turn sigs) from auto parts stores and also a big distributor in Texas - all of these were about $20 each - just to see what they were and if they'd work out for us, and I was VERY disappointed. These cheaper ones did not have enough light output to even fill the lens.
    Maybe the big-bucks ones are better (obviously some folks think so), so caveat emptor...

Quote Originally Posted by AirBender View Post
    I called them to inquire about fitment for my 2015 R1200RTW and they directed me to one of their distributors that happen to be in Canada. They stated they are not currently compatible with my model. Does that sound strange as the new RT shares the same Can-bus system at the GS does it not?
    The R12RTW already has OE LED turn signals. It also has no "sockets" like an incandescent bulb into which to insert a replacement LED "bulb."
    Mark Neblett
    Fairfax, VA

One Ring To Rule Them All AirBender's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mneblett View Post
    The R12RTW already has OE LED turn signals. It also has no "sockets" like an incandescent bulb into which to insert a replacement LED "bulb."
    As an owner of a R1200RT I suppose that is good to know. Thank you!
    "Are you living life the way you were meant to, or how you have been led to think you are supposed to?"
    1989 Yamaha FZR 400 Racebike (r.i.p.), 2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold), 1983 custom naked Honda Goldwing (sold), 2015 San Marino Blue BMW R1200RT

Left Coast Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by CdnGS View Post
    Got 'em too for my '12 GSA and well worth the money. Think I paid around $100 for all 4. Much brighter/more conspicuous.
    Brighter and more conspicuous, yes. Well worth the money, not so sure.

Fortes fortuna iuvat
    Quote Originally Posted by BC1100S View Post
    Brighter and more conspicuous, yes. Well worth the money, not so sure.
    Your safety, your $, your call.

Left Coast Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by CdnGS View Post
    Your safety, your $, your call.
    Personally, I have no issue with the brightness or longevity of the turn signals on my BMW (I've replaced one turn signal bulb in 7 years) and I don't have anyone turning in front of me or piling into me from the back when I'm making a turn or changing lanes.

So, just for the purposes of discussion, at what point does the cost outweigh the benefit? $200? $300? Never?