• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

BMW Communication System

stevenoneil

Okay this may have been answered in the form but the search tool is not that great and I could not find a thread. So forgive me if it has been answered. I have 2 Schubert C3 Pro helmets. Schubert tech support suggests that there are "special" BMW Communication System that would fit into these helmets. As everyone is aware the Schubert SRC System does not play well with BMW Audio Systems. Has anyone installed the BMW Communication System into Schubert helmets?

:ca

Steven

Okay this may have been answered in the form but the search tool is not that great and I could not find a thread. So forgive me if it has been answered. I have 2 Schubert C3 Pro helmets. Schubert tech support suggests that there are "special" BMW Communication System that would fit into these helmets. As everyone is aware the Schubert SRC System does not play well with BMW Audio Systems. Has anyone installed the BMW Communication System into Schubert helmets?

:ca

Steven
The "BMW Communicator" headsets available from your dealer are *made* for installation in C3/C3 Pro helmets -- all the bits needed, components sized to fit into the helmet liner, etc.

Yes

My wife and I both have C3Pro's with the BMW comm system installed and ride a 2014 RT. Works pretty well.

We can talk to each other.
I can talk on the phone (I did it once just to see if it worked, it did)
I can hear my GPS talking to me with route info.
I can hear weather alerts via the GPS.
We can both hear the music from the motorcycle but my wife says she can hear it twice because of my mic. When alone I hear it fine.

Yes, I would do it again. Hope this helps.

We have bmw comm systems on our schubert helmets, wife rides a C650gt while I ride a 1200rt
Her bike has a zumo 665 with sat radio mine has a nav v. Bike to bike intercom good for up to 1/4 miles with full charge on batteries, both have radio usage and phone through nav, tapping round button on comm system shifts to intercom, system works fine

Back