• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

I'm Back

RedSand

Hello Everyone!

I picked up my third BMW last Friday, a 2015 R 1200 GS, frozen dark blue metallic, w/spokes

My former BMW's were a 2009 R 1200 GS (biggest motorcycle regret was ever selling that one)
and an F800R (also a great machine)

I really love my BMW dealer - truly awesome sales, paperwork, and maintenance staff

So, now I'm getting used to the shift assist, being keyless and figuring out what to do with the extra horsepower :twirl :clap

I also look forward to riding with some of y'all in and around the North Georgia mountains . . . give or take 500 miles, or so

Thank you

Interesting to know what you think of the different year GS models.

Well, I reckon it's been ~4 years since I last rode the '09 R 1200 GS

Impressions
  • Wire spokes . . . pretty but . . . necessary?
  • Shift assist . . . nice but . . . Mick Doohan seemed to do okay without it
  • More hp . . . sure, I'll gladly take that :)
  • Keyless . . . is this . . . another cure looking for a disease?
  • And finally . . . I lie awake at night wondering . . . why did I just spend $20K on a flashy tuna boat?

But seriously . . . I love everything about it - the rear brake seems quite mushy but other than that, so far it's awesome

Howdy folks - here's an update

Fast forward - I've owned three more BMW's, since selling the 2015 R 1200 GS

Two of those are gone, and I'm currently riding a 2014 F800GS (the only BMW currently in the garage)

They say it's green . . . not really sure, looks more brown to me (ha)

I'm retiring 01-Jun-2021 so, looking forward to riding in N-GA, NE-Alabama, and nearby areas with y'all soon

Thank you

Not a great photo but a great day riding!

If anyone knows this location, then they receive bonus points on the Final Exam

Ride safe, ride often, enjoy!
:)

my ride today, 13-sep-2020, 01.JPG

Not a great photo but a great day riding!

If anyone knows this location, then they receive bonus points on the Final Exam

Ride safe, ride often, enjoy!
:)

View attachment 83157

Looks like the intersection of my 1/2 mile long driveway and Hwy 136. The gate code there is just a phone call away. Am in the Anonymous Book in Sugar Valley...............Dennis

Looks jungle-like, Shredder.

Initially I thought it was the off-road ride that parallels the Cherahala skyway, but now it looks more tropical to moi.

If'n you're in N.GA, hope you'll ride over toward AL on one of our 2nd Saturday Rides to Eat.

My next 2nd Saturday R2E will be on the western AL side: Rattlesnake Saloon near Tuscumbia...

June's 2nd Sat R2E will be at: The Smokehouse, 850 West Main Street, Monteagle, TN. - I promise - been procrastinatin...

Enjoy whatever you're riding whenever you're out eXploring! Keep the rubber side down!

CIAO!
Phil & Karen

'14 K-GT -- '09 650GS-twin
'75 R90S -- '82 R100CS
- - - - - - + '16 R1200RS

Here's the location --> 33.83712970536878, -85.63817433410898

Nobody won the bonus points! :(

Looks jungle-like, Shredder.
If'n you're in N.GA, hope you'll ride over toward AL on one of our 2nd Saturday Rides to Eat.

My next 2nd Saturday R2E will be on the western AL side: Rattlesnake Saloon near Tuscumbia...

Enjoy whatever you're riding whenever you're out eXploring! Keep the rubber side down!

CIAO!
Phil & Karen

'14 K-GT -- '09 650GS-twin
'75 R90S -- '82 R100CS
- - - - - - + '16 R1200RS

Thank you for the invitation!

Back