• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Bike Righting Jack-Easy to Build Design

oldnick

Being an "oldie" I've given up on trying to right my dropped R1200GS and have built an inexpensive solution ($50 Canadian) and it took only 90 minutes once I got the parts from a local auto parts store. It uses cargo bar ratchet and an endless strap ratchet which are modified using readily available hand tools. Not sure how to upload the instructions and images in these threads. Drop down menu says a 950Kb .pdf is too big. I attempted to follow the icons at the header but must be doing something wrong.027.jpg

Welcome to the forum!
Looks interesting, if you have a link to the instructions, I will see what I can do to get it to upload. If not, the link will be there for those interested.
Gary

Bike Righting Jack

Thanks. Not being a computer buff not sure how to establish a "link". Anyway I sent the file to the MOA magazine and it possibly will be included as an article sometime if they are so motivated.:)

Thanks. Not being a computer buff not sure how to establish a "link". Anyway I sent the file to the MOA magazine and it possibly will be included as an article sometime if they are so motivated.:)
OK...The link could be as simple as the web site that you first found the system.
If you need assistance on anything here on the forum, let myself or one of the other Moderators know and we will do what we can.
A quick link is in my sig- line.
Gary

Gary, I think oldnick has invented this rig.
Could be Lew. If his file can be broken up, it will post. I used to pick the Mini-Trail up quite easily......and put it in the trunk of my Mothers car :whistle.
Gary

If you set up a Dropbox free account you can load it there and send the link on here. If you don't know how to do that, shoot it to my Apple email ka5ysy@mac.com which should accept that size file. I can set it up on my public dropbox for you and put the download link on here.

Could be Lew. If his file can be broken up, it will post. I used to pick the Mini-Trail up quite easily......and put it in the trunk of my Mothers car :whistle.
Gary

I saw a picture of that once...

6315792034_fb0b8eb3e6_b.jpg

Back