• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Ride to Live- Live to Ride....Jeff Charles- WHJY Providence

Omega Man

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat
Staff member
When I can, I try to catch Jeff Charles, radio personality on WHJY- Providence, RI.
He always has some insight to history, current events, politics, even riding a motorcycle.
This was his audio blog today-

Posted Tuesday, July 7th 2015 @ 7pm
RIDE TO LIVE...LIVE TO RIDE

I don't understand how anyone, man or woman can go through this life, a very quick blink of an eye, without owning or riding a motorcycle. If women I know lived in Europe, they'd all be riding two wheeled Vespa’s. They could take the trams I suppose, but why miss out on the Zen of riding a two wheeled motorized vehicle?

I vow never to be without a motorcycle for as long as I live. The experience of riding the wind, of sprinting around twisty roads, of being empty of all thought as your body automatically works the gears, throttle, and choice of brakes, gets you out of your mind and into a world I can only describe as ecstasy.

Whether you fly around on a race bike, a fully dressed Harley, a Dual Sport, Supermoto, or a monkey bike, there's nothing on Earth quite like it.

People are unnecessarily afraid of riding a motorcycle. They've been suckered into the worry wart propaganda that motorcycles are two wheeled coffins, grave yard ponies, and death machines. These rumors are fed by people afraid of leaving their boring, lifeless, comfort zones. How many times did you ride your bike as a kid and wished it was a motorcycle?

If you want the feeling of moving through the air effortlessly, the freedom of being one with a machine that makes your adrenalin flow like waves on a gutsy ocean, that plunks you into your environment without being sheltered in a box with four wheels, doors, and safety belts, then go buy a motorcycle.

When you ride on two wheels, you realize how stupid and careless people are behind the wheels of their cars. Your safety arrives automatically. You think ahead without thought, without complicated clutter bunching up in your consciousness. You achieve a state of pure satori. No mind. No thought. Just being one with the cosmos.

Don't let your life fade away without owning and riding a motorcycle. Throw all that crap about motorcycles being dangerous into the nearest trash can. Motorcycles aren't dangerous. People are. You'll learn that lesson as soon as you tap the throttle. It'll sink in and you'll instantly become a rider. You'll never forget it and never again live life without a motorcycle, no matter what kind you ride.

Read more: http://www.94hjy.com/onair/charles-678/blog-70715-13741036/#ixzz3fLilRYIB

:burnout :thumb

OM

I like his style and way of thinking! Will have to look for his audio blog.

Reminded me of a decal that's on one of my shop cabinets, four wheels might move the body, but two wheels move your soul.

Back