Thread: R 1100R footpegs

Question R 1100R footpegs

I could use a little help. I'm going to try to fit my 1100 GS with footpegs from the R 1100R. Can anyone post a picture of the footpeg mount on the R showing the mount, spring, and pin area. I have no access to an 1100R and am curious as to how the spring fits in there, is it outside the mount or inside , where does the end of the spring rest etc.. I know one end of the spring goes through the hole in the peg but would like to see a detail shot. I have looked at the parts fiche but there is not enough detail. I have orderd the take off pegs but they haven't arrived yet and just wanted to get a head start. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Front
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Scott Wynter
    Pleasant Hill, CA
    1971 R75/5 SWB, 2013 F800GS
    BMWMOA, Central Cal, IBA, ECV.

Rear
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Scott Wynter
    Pleasant Hill, CA

THANKS Boingo - Another question does the "bike end" of the spring just ride against the the frame mount or go into a hole in the mount? In the picture of the rear peg it looks like the "bike end" of the spring just lays in a small recess. Thanks for the prompt reply!!

Quote Originally Posted by GSfornow
    THANKS Boingo - Another question does the "bike end" of the spring just ride against the the frame mount or go into a hole in the mount? In the picture of the rear peg it looks like the "bike end" of the spring just lays in a small recess. Thanks for the prompt reply!!
    You got it, lays in a small recess.
    Scott Wynter
    Pleasant Hill, CA

Thanks again! Hopefully I can make them work.