• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

G650GS on the freeway?

I think it is important that if this is your wife's bike ....that is just that, "your wife's bike". If she is comfortable with the height and the weight of the bike then let her go for it. From a woman's persceptive there is nothing worse than being forced into riding a bike that you are uncomfortable on. If it is especially important for her to be able to put both feet on the ground with a stop then a lower bike is important for self confidence. As she gains experience and comfort she may then want to move up to a taller and more cc powered bike. Or she may never change. Again her choice.
As for cc's, as one of my riding instructor coaches stated it does not real matter about the cc, it is how you learn to shift and ride to get the most out of your bike whether you are on hiway or twisties. Again, as her skill progresses the more she will get out of that bike.
As for hiway riding and "keeping up" my daughter rode her 250 cc Ninja from Calgary to Las Vegas chasing her dad on his K1200S and me following on my F800ST, and she did just fine. It was her very first big ride and she had only been riding for a year. I have also ridden a G650GS and although a very different riding style then my F800ST that bike will definately be staying. A great little bike on the hiway and the twisties. I have ridden this bike both in Canada and Austraila and was glad to have this bike. I hope this helps!

Just picked up a 2010 f800st. Very happy with it. Will add risers and something other than the stock seat. Researching seats - would love suggestions.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
Check out Seat Concepts...http://seatconcepts.com/ On my 700 GS I had the BMW Comfort Seat that I tried two different types of Air Hawk pillows, and one Bill Mayer ERGO Contour saddle cushion, and finally went with the full change out to Seat Concepts at the Montana National. After changing, the 1500 mile ride home was accomplished with no butt pain at all. Before, by 500 miles on a single day, by rear definitely had my full attention, but 600 + mile days after the change-out have been a piece of cake. Be forewarned though, Seat Concepts is very reasonably priced, so there is a waiting period right now, according to their web-site.

If your anywhere around St. Louis, your more than welcome to try out my Bill Mayer saddle seat or my bike with the seat concepts seat on her....

Back