• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

ergonomics on F800ST

I'm 6'4", more or less, with 32 inseam. I'm wondering how I might fit on an F800ST.

I'm only 5'9" (30"-ish inseam) and it fits me fine in fully stock form. So ... without knowing any more than your height, I would have to think it will be cramped for you in the cockpit. You can move the bars a bit, maybe get a taller seat, maybe figure out how to lower the pegs, but all that work will likely still result in a poor fit. The F800ST is a smallish bike, in both displacement and in physical size. That is precisely why I prefer it, but I've seen tall guys your size sit on the bike and, in my opinion, they look awkward and out of place on the bike. If I were you, I would look at a larger machine. Good luck.

Without actually sitting on one, your next best bet is to play with http://cycle-ergo.com/. Select "Add a motorcycle" and add the F800ST. Put your height and inseam in the rider info to see your riding position. For comparison, add another bike you are familiar with. If you have a mouse with a scroll wheel, you can superimpose one image on the other. Otherwise, just flip between tabs.

:):wave
Without actually sitting on one, your next best bet is to play with http://cycle-ergo.com/. Select "Add a motorcycle" and add the F800ST. Put your height and inseam in the rider info to see your riding position. For comparison, add another bike you are familiar with. If you have a mouse with a scroll wheel, you can superimpose one image on the other. Otherwise, just flip between tabs.

Good ideal I am 5' 10" . I do have an 800ST , Corbin seat & bar riser. a 6 ' person would more than likely want lower pegs. Also go with a Madstead windshied. Happy riding:wave Also a 30" seam.

Last edited:
OP, I had another thot or two:
1. I am a weird rider (or so I've been told) in that I do not modify a bike to fit my body. If a bike doesn't fit the way I like, I find a bike that does. Most riders seem to fall in love with a machine, even one that does not fit them, and then try like heck to make it fit them. I have tried after market seats, bars/risers and windshields on various bikes through the years and have always found them worse than the original. And expensive. And time-consuming. I end up back with the OEM setup. I believe the manufacturer's wind tunnel testing and engineering staff have better tools and more experience than I have in my garage.
2. An ergonomic fit on a motorcycle is way too personal to get much help from unknown opinions via a forum--even this great forum.

Back