Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19

Thread: Lane Sharing/ Splitting car door opens in my path:

3 Red Bricks
    Quote Originally Posted by johncanty View Post
    and resorted to using the breakdown lane but kept in my place in traffic. Did the same thing in Nevada, people generally tend to respect this and don't get too upset about it.
    Be careful doing that. LEOs WILL get upset and cite you for that. NO driving/ rideing on the shoulders in California.

LONG MAY YOUR BRICK FLY!

Ride Safe, Ride Far, Ride Often

Lee Fulton Forum Moderator
    3 Marakesh Red K75Ss
    Mine, Hers, Spare

Quote Originally Posted by 98lee View Post
    Be careful doing that. LEOs WILL get upset and cite you for that. NO driving/ rideing on the shoulders in California.

I am aware of the California law against it, so that's why I did the lane splitting thing. I think in other states it doesn't get the dim view that California gives it, so it makes for a good compromise. In Mass they allow it during rush hour traffic, the breakdown lane becomes another full speed travel lane. Now if we could only get a convergence of the laws. High speed breakdown lane travel and lane splitting...... in a perfect world.

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by johncanty View Post
    I am aware of the California law against it, so that's why I did the lane splitting thing. I think in other states it doesn't get the dim view that California gives it, so it makes for a good compromise. In Mass they allow it during rush hour traffic where explicitly marked on only a few specific roads , the breakdown lane becomes another full speed travel lane. Now if we could only get a convergence of the laws. High speed breakdown lane travel and lane splitting...... in a perfect world.
    FTFY, Don't want anyone crossing into Mass and thinking anything done on the roads is a good idea.

People used to say "what's wrong with the traffic?"
    I would say-
    "A complete lack of interest on the part of the motoring public to get from point A to point B with any degree of regularity or efficiency".
    OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200