Thread: '15 R1200RT Radio and Navigation

'15 R1200RT Radio and Navigation

Just got a new R1200RT with radio and Navigator V. This is my fourth RT, but the first with a radio.

Is there a way to get the Navigator to give turn-by-turn directions through the speakers with the radio off or muted? I haven't been able to find one, so if I want to hear the nav but not the radio as a workaround I've been switching source to AUX (where nothing is connected) which lets me crank up the volume for nav without hearing music. Did I miss something? I'm still sorting out Bluetooth headsets. My old HBC100 works, sort of.

Nope that was the out way I was able to do it.

I'd just as soon have the nav go through the speakers all the time. With separate volume control for it and the radio. I did it that way on another bike.
    John
    Current: '15 R1200RT Ebony Metallic
    Past: '10 R1200RT, '09 R1200RT, '04 R1150RT, numerous Suzuki, Yamaha, Honda, Kawasaki, & Harleys

Motorrad Nav V

I have had my '14 RT for about a year now and am obsessed with figuring out the audio and garmin mess. Some riders have no problems, some have many and some solutions work on some and not on others (even in an exact scenario).

There isn't a legit way to route your turn by turn through the bike speakers without the audio system on. Power off the audio and you power off the speakers. Mute the audio and you mute the speakers. Not that it makes any difference but I get best results using my helmet BT to the Garmin/radio/intercom.

There are some posts (somewhere) about covering some of the garmin contacts with small pieces of electrical tape. It would be a trial and error, but I don't think it will change anything in your situation.

We need a thread just for the Garmin Nav V. Lots of problems with updating maps, charging etc.

Good Luck.
    2014 R1200RT