• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Greetings from mid Michigan!

Hello! Hello!

Returning member here from Saginaw MI! I was in the BMWMOA for a few years back around 2005-6 but life got in the way and I let it lapse... Now I'm back with a "new" 1972 R75/5.

My family has a long history of riding BMW's back to the 60's with /2's and into the 90's on /6 and /7's. There's been a few years gap dues to some passings and bike sales but we're back in the saddle now! Felt great but I've got along way to go before becoming a proficient rider... lots of practice in my future.

I don't recall an internet forum being around when I was in the BMWMOA the first time but I'm sure enjoying it now reading all the tips from everybody!

Looking forward to many miles of safe riding,

Jason

Welcome to the forum! Would that be the middle of the mitten? :D
Any questions, just ask.
Gary

Welcome to the BMWMOA Forum, Jason.

I lived in Saginaw from 1971 to 1981...moved with a job change.

Back then I rode a 1971 R75/5 with a Vetter faring and Bates bags. Put about 150,000 miles on that machine.

I'm curious as to what dealership you deal with...if you do.

I dealt with 2 in the Thumb, one in Owosso, and a former dealer who serviced airheads near Mount Pleasant. They were all small shops and are gone now.

Enjoy the ride!!!

I'm curious as to what dealership you deal with...if you do.

I dealt with 2 in the Thumb, one in Owosso, and a former dealer who serviced airheads near Mount Pleasant. They were all small shops and are gone now.

Enjoy the ride!!!

No dealership so far... just me and the internet. I've restored a few cars and had a few vintage bikes so maintaining the /5 shouldn't give me too much trouble beyond acquiring some special tools.

I'm hoping to find some other BMW folks in the area once I get the machine sorted and some riding time under my belt. Thanks for the welcome folks!

Back