Thread: F800R - seat height

F800R - seat height

So concern, I have a 34" inseam and riding a F800R. would prefer to keep the bike if I'm able to make it work for me. has been fine for short rides, but dis the first ~250 mile ride this past weekend and i was in pain (hip joints). Couple of the riders noted my knees and lean seem crunched. Only change I made is adding the wonderlich bar raisers. Started to look at the seat and have a BMW high comfort seat on order (with Paul @ F800depot, my go to person). Getting the feeling I may have a lower seat (Smooth seat and no notch/triangle). For comfort, would I be better with a stock high comfort seat - or - a sargent seat and lowering the pegs. it is an aerodynamic question I can;t answer.. any suggestions/

Quote Originally Posted by gmshuman View Post
    So concern, I have a 34" inseam and riding a F800R. would prefer to keep the bike if I'm able to make it work for me. has been fine for short rides, but dis the first ~250 mile ride this past weekend and i was in pain (hip joints). Couple of the riders noted my knees and lean seem crunched. Only change I made is adding the wonderlich bar raisers. Started to look at the seat and have a BMW high comfort seat on order (with Paul @ F800depot, my go to person). Getting the feeling I may have a lower seat (Smooth seat and no notch/triangle). For comfort, would I be better with a stock high comfort seat - or - a sargent seat and lowering the pegs. it is an aerodynamic question I can;t answer.. any suggestions/
    Hello; I think the high comfort seat should help you out a lot, don't know what kind of windshield you have though, so it might change your wind protection/buffeting. Plus with the bar-risers that also changes thing more.

The only other thing I would suggest is lowered foot pegs. I have a F800ST, and a 32" inseam, however the ergonomics were still cramped for me.

I went with the "Knight Design" 1" lowered foot pegs, they made all the difference in the world, and are a easy "do-it-yourself" 15min install. By the way I have the stock "F" model seat.

Here's the link: http://www.knightdesignllc.com/Produ...Foot-Pegs.html

They're real nice people to deal with!

Good luck,Hope this helps, Regards: Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by chuck3 View Post
    Hello; I think the high comfort seat should help you out a lot, don't know what kind of windshield you have though, so it might change your wind protection/buffeting. Plus with the bar-risers that also changes thing more.

The only other thing I would suggest is lowered foot pegs. I have a F800ST, and a 32" inseam, however the ergonomics were still cramped for me.

I went with the "Knight Design" 1" lowered foot pegs, they made all the difference in the world, and are a easy "do-it-yourself" 15min install. By the way I have the stock "F" model seat.

Here's the link: http://www.knightdesignllc.com/Produ...Foot-Pegs.html

They're real nice people to deal with!

Good luck,Hope this helps, Regards: Chuck
    High seat,NO footpeg lowering---Up to you.