• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Free training in PA

I have done the BRC and the BRC2. I would like to do the ARC also but not sure I will get to this year. These classes are time very well spent.

I've done the ARC at Gettysburg the past three years. Love it. The only down side is I always seem to get stuck behind slow guys on big cruisers. It's really sad that even though the MSF courses are at no cost in PA, the majority of riders haven't taken one.

It's really sad that even though the MSF courses are at no cost in PA, the majority of riders haven't taken one.

Agreed. I would like to make it a point to do one each year, by the end of June, to sharpen some skills. As a new(ish) rider, I'm sure I'd learn something new each year.

Agreed. I would like to make it a point to do one each year, by the end of June, to sharpen some skills. As a new(ish) rider, I'm sure I'd learn something new each year.

I've taken eight in seven years of riding. The irony is I'd already ridden about 600 miles when I took the BRC and I flunked it.

This year I'd gone from an R1200R to an R1200RT and the ARC really helped me reach singularity with the bigger bike.

I took the Basic class years ago in order to attain my MC license. PAssed with flying colors, yet was amazed that some who already had their license and bike failed the course!

Would love to take the two next courses. Too bad every state doesn't offer these.

I took the Basic class years ago in order to attain my MC license. PAssed with flying colors, yet was amazed that some who already had their license and bike failed the course!

Would love to take the two next courses. Too bad every state doesn't offer these.

There were people from Maryland in the ARC I took this spring--it was cheaper for them to pay to take it in Pennsylvania than in Maryland. My understanding was that in Maryland it's offered by a community college and you have to apply to and pay the admission fee to the college on top of paying for the course.

In PA, a lot of locations offer the BRC and BRC II (HACC, Appalachian Harley, etc) but only places with large courses can offer the ARC. That's why I've taken it at Gettysburg.

Back