• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

The Dark Side - Car Tires

flash412

Loose Cannon
It is pretty interesting stuff to think about, this going over to <a href="http://lifeisaroad.com/stories/2004/10/27/theDarkSide.html">the Dark Side</a>. Will a car tire fit any model of BMW motorcycle? Anybody tried it, yet?

I'm in

This sounds like something I would try. I don't know of any car tires that would fit my non-cruiser bike however. I plan on researching this further. :dunno

Didn't the model T have the same size rim width?...lol Seriously if anybody knows what can be done maybe ask CustomSarge on the forum? He does some really wild stuff.

Didn't we have this discussion already a while back? Or did I read that somewhere else? Anyway, sounds even more scary to me than those re-manufactured tires... Car tires aren't made to be driven/ridden on their edge, remember... But hey, it will entertain us, so please post pics of a K1200S with Michelin PilotSports front and back :)

Good luck,
Jacco

OK so they could have

Dodge Tomahawk V-10

Attachments

• tomahawk.jpg
    tomahawk.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 448
I know of one R1200C that runs a Chinese car tire on the rear and sidecar-rigged R1200C owners like to run car tires.

Car tire on a R1200C

One of my bikes is a R1200C with a Champion sidecar. I run a car tire on the rear. The factory rim is 15" so it's a no-brainer to use the car tire when you get 30-40k miles out of a car tire vs around 5k when pulling a sidehack. I took the hack off one time and rode around 50 miles with the car tire on the rear. Really couldn't tell much difference but then again, I didn't ride extremely aggressive.

Back