Thread: Shipping Bikes to Billings?

Shipping Bikes to Billings?

Anyone shipping bikes out to the Rally? Wife and I are considering shipping our bikes and are interested in sharing the cost with someone else. One way only. We are located in Central, NY.

No haters please!

Thanks,

Steve

looking into it

Hi,
    I'm interested in shipping my GS to the MOA rally in Billings as I can't get out of work until 7/22 (Wednesday) and live in Maryland.
    Several online quotes suggest $700 one way is the going rate.
    I don't have a receiver on the Billings end though so if you come up with some idea for the receiver that would be helpful.

FWIW I thought about driving out 'early' with my bike and several additional bikes in tow for a two week ride out west in August, parking the rig somewhere and flying home. Might call this a 'staging' activity but don't have any better or more firm plans at this point.

Let me know what you find!

Best,

Keith

Shipping bikes

We looked into several shipping options and found one for about $500 one way for each bike BUT it required that the bikes get dropped off this Thursday (tomorrow) and be delivered to Billings on or about July 14. They would hold the bikes till we got there for no additional charge. We decided to trailer the bikes to Chicago, leave the car and trailer at a friends house and ride out and back.

Good luck on your trip.