• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Territory

Fritzc

What is with some of these clubs, groups or others that arrive early and stake out the best territory with yellow tape and do not allow anyone to camp within?? This is not in the best spirit of Rallying in my opinion.
I talked with a couple who happened to set up a little too close to the Yankee Beemers conclave and were told to move somewhere else. They were told if they didn't, to not be surprised if they had food spilled on them. That is sure a nice way to start out the weekend.
I'd like to hear from some of the Yankee Beemers for an answer.
I realize my information is second hand.

The Yankee Beemers, the Airheads and the BMW Riders of Baltimore Washingtion Area all had made arrangements to either bring trailers or rent tents at the National.

The Yankee Beemers donated the use of their equipment to support and host the BMW MOA Foundations Camp Charleston event which is why they were set up early. There was one area on the campus marked with caution tape because the university was working in a manhole. The YB's did have a party Friday evening where free beer was served, to comply with beverage control policies there was some tape up during their party.

To the best of my knowledge none of the three groups (Airheads, YB's and BMWBMW) ever told folks that they could not camp with them. I do know that the YB's try to make sure that everyone who camps close understands that there tends to be lots of noise late (party) and early (coffee).

Back