Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Any R Nine T owners here?

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wjbarrett View Post
    Another R NineT owner here. Love the bike. Super powerful, great sound, and fun to ride. However, I also have a G650GS, and I hate to admit it, but the little GS is way more comfortable.
    Welcome to the forum!
    Gary
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

New(ish) R nineT Owner

Been riding for a number of years now - started off on a '83 Nighthawk, then moved up to a '99 R1100RT. Loved that bike. Could load up and ride anywhere at a moments notice. Last few years I found myself not riding it as much as I'd like. Then I saw the R nineT and couldn't wait to get my hands on one. Took me two years to finally find a dealer that had one that wasn't already sold so I could get a test ride. I was barely off the dealer lot on a test ride when I decided I was buying. IMO, best bike ever. Great looks, nimble and just plain fun ride - find myself making every excuse to ride now.

Bought in April, I've done no customizations yet. Looking for bar end mirrors - any suggestions?
    '16 R nineT
    '09 R1100RT (sold)
    '83 Honda Nighthawk (sold)

Has anyone set one up for 'touring' ? I have seen small w/shields , some look great. But it is hard to picture bags/panniers on that bike. Not saying it cannot be done, just saying I have not seen it yet.

I have a Vic, that I liked , then liked less. It is more comfortable [seating position] but it's just 'not me'. I thought about trading it, at a [sort of local] BMW/Vic dealer....but I suppose now that Polaris has dropped Vic the value is shot ? My hope / thought was to perhaps trade for an RnineT & see what I could do with that.
    Ron Prior {AMA member ,MOA member}
    Milford,Oh
    2002 KLT
    2004 Roadster

Take a look at my bike. I have the Rizoma Class Retro mirrors, amongst many other mods. Rock solid, good view, would definitely get again.
    http://www.ninetowners.com/forum/app...-progress.html

Quote Originally Posted by 71243 View Post
    Has anyone set one up for 'touring' ? I have seen small w/shields , some look great. But it is hard to picture bags/panniers on that bike. Not saying it cannot be done, just saying I have not seen it yet.

I have a Vic, that I liked , then liked less. It is more comfortable [seating position] but it's just 'not me'. I thought about trading it, at a [sort of local] BMW/Vic dealer....but I suppose now that Polaris has dropped Vic the value is shot ? My hope / thought was to perhaps trade for an RnineT & see what I could do with that.
    I'm going to add the Kriega US-30 Drypack. I've checked them out at a Ducati dealer in Indianapolis - quality product and you can add on.
    Last edited by jsblakley; 01-17-2017 at 12:38 AM.
    '16 R nineT
    '09 R1100RT (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by cruisincruzan View Post
    Take a look at my bike. I have the Rizoma Class Retro mirrors, amongst many other mods. Rock solid, good view, would definitely get again.
    http://www.ninetowners.com/forum/app...-progress.html
    WOW! The paint job on that one is super nice.
    '16 R nineT
    '09 R1100RT (sold)

Another R9T Owner

I bought a R9T in September 2016. Put 2,100 mis on it before the snow came. For me, and the roads up in the great white North, the suspension was tormenting. So I put in an Ohlins rear shock and Ohlins cartridges in the fork. Now it can carve a line on curves with poor pavement! Wow. Love it. BMW is coming out with small, soft side bags similar to the Legend Gear by SW-Motech (9.8 L on exhaust side, 15.5 L on drive side). Give offers sidecases that I find too large.
    BMW also offers a nifty bag that sits across the passenger seat and holds up to 40 Liters. I plan to get one of those.

Hello?

Did I finally find the official R nineT Thread?

Here's mine - just picked up today!

Woo hoo!

my R nineT, 01, 26-may-2021.jpeg
    2014 F800GS

Had mine since 2017

After 7000 miles, it still makes me smile.
    2017 R9T
    MOA #213577

I'm a pretty recent R NineT Urban owner and member of the BMWMOA.

I was a long time owner of a '82 R100RS, like 28 yrs and 150k miles. I decided to take a break from BMW bikes and have been playing with other brands. I recently decided it felt like time to have another boxer in the garage and was scouting around for "the one". For some reason I totally missed the Urban GS when it was introduced primarily because I just wasn't looking at the BMW brand. Well as fate would have it I found out about the Urban and fell in love with it for a lot of reasons. So I searched out one that I wanted and made the effort to obtain it.

So here I am and getting the bike setup the way I want it. For sure this is an entirely different bike than my old airhead, so adjustment on my part is coming along.

20210521_164548-1.jpg

It was a birthday with a Zero....

So it had to be something special. The R Nine T /5 with Wunderlich's Daytona fairing and rear hugger. Paint matching and pinstriping by Wunderlich's local painter in North Carolina I believe. It looks great and sounds even better.IMG_4795.jpg
    sgtbill
    Duty First!
    86 K100RS EML & 79 R100S & 83 R80ST
    2014 F700GS & 2020 R Nine T /5 & 2020 R1250R

You can't have just one!

'14 standard (classic), '18 Urban GS, '20 /5 and hope to see my 40th Anniversary Urban GS pretty soon. Its somewhere between Germany and my house.
    Attached Images Attached Images

How about that fancy fairing ....

sgtbill How do you like that fairing? Good protection?
    2017 R9T
    MOA #213577

Quote Originally Posted by r9t_vincent View Post
    sgtbill How do you like that fairing? Good protection?
    We love the fairing. The protection is good, especially in the summer when you want to keep the wind from beating you to death but don't want to roast behind a full fairing. My wife rode this bike to the MOA event at Dillard Georgia and thought fairing made her riding at speed more comfortable.
    sgtbill
    Duty First!
    86 K100RS EML & 79 R100S & 83 R80ST
    2014 F700GS & 2020 R Nine T /5 & 2020 R1250R

R Nine T Pure

I had this bike got 3 years. Fell in love with the look. The tank matched my hair!
    But, for me, 5 ' 11; the bike was not that comfortable. Poor suspension, poor seat.The bike could be punishing on you.

Traded it in for a much more comfortable R1200R, same engine. Maintenance items are easier to get to with the R1200R.

Easier on this old body.