• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Any R Nine T owners here?

Another R9T Owner

I bought a R9T in September 2016. Put 2,100 mis on it before the snow came. For me, and the roads up in the great white North, the suspension was tormenting. So I put in an Ohlins rear shock and Ohlins cartridges in the fork. Now it can carve a line on curves with poor pavement! Wow. Love it. BMW is coming out with small, soft side bags similar to the Legend Gear by SW-Motech (9.8 L on exhaust side, 15.5 L on drive side). Give offers sidecases that I find too large.
BMW also offers a nifty bag that sits across the passenger seat and holds up to 40 Liters. I plan to get one of those.

Hello?

Did I finally find the official R nineT Thread?

Here's mine - just picked up today!

Woo hoo!

my R nineT, 01, 26-may-2021.jpeg

I'm a pretty recent R NineT Urban owner and member of the BMWMOA.

I was a long time owner of a '82 R100RS, like 28 yrs and 150k miles. I decided to take a break from BMW bikes and have been playing with other brands. I recently decided it felt like time to have another boxer in the garage and was scouting around for "the one". For some reason I totally missed the Urban GS when it was introduced primarily because I just wasn't looking at the BMW brand. Well as fate would have it I found out about the Urban and fell in love with it for a lot of reasons. So I searched out one that I wanted and made the effort to obtain it.

So here I am and getting the bike setup the way I want it. For sure this is an entirely different bike than my old airhead, so adjustment on my part is coming along.

20210521_164548-1.jpg

It was a birthday with a Zero....

So it had to be something special. The R Nine T /5 with Wunderlich's Daytona fairing and rear hugger. Paint matching and pinstriping by Wunderlich's local painter in North Carolina I believe. It looks great and sounds even better.IMG_4795.jpg

You can't have just one!

'14 standard (classic), '18 Urban GS, '20 /5 and hope to see my 40th Anniversary Urban GS pretty soon. Its somewhere between Germany and my house.

Attachments

• Are9T5.JPG
    Are9T5.JPG
    285.4 KB · Views: 104
  • 9t5.JPG
    9t5.JPG
    433.3 KB · Views: 104
  • Urban GS (1280x960).jpg
    Urban GS (1280x960).jpg
    664.2 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_0653 (1280x960).jpg
    IMG_0653 (1280x960).jpg
    874.1 KB · Views: 103
sgtbill How do you like that fairing? Good protection?

We love the fairing. The protection is good, especially in the summer when you want to keep the wind from beating you to death but don't want to roast behind a full fairing. My wife rode this bike to the MOA event at Dillard Georgia and thought fairing made her riding at speed more comfortable.

R Nine T Pure

I had this bike got 3 years. Fell in love with the look. The tank matched my hair!
But, for me, 5 ' 11; the bike was not that comfortable. Poor suspension, poor seat.The bike could be punishing on you.

Traded it in for a much more comfortable R1200R, same engine. Maintenance items are easier to get to with the R1200R.

Easier on this old body.

2021 R NineT Pure and my 2016 R1200RT

IMG_0487.jpg

The R NineT is my day bike….any overnight trips are on the RT. I call this picture 2 boxers and 2 Corgis!

Back