• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Any R Nine T owners here?

Kristopher

This is my Car!
I was just wondering. I've had my R9T for a couple weeks now, traded my 13' GSA for it. A fun bike, nimble and a blast through the turns. The GSA was a fantastic bike but I really haven't been traveling much and don't really enjoy just eating highway miles. I saw one poster had a question about one, anybody else own one?

Have only seen a couple other owners post here - I have to wonder if the buying demographic for this model tends to not join MOA?? Had mine almost a year now and love it for around town! I did keep the GSA for long hauls though.

They are a really good looking bike. I like the "bare" look. I seem to haul a lot of crap with me in the three rear bags (F800GS) but when I feel like a change, I take them off and get a bit closer to the "nimble" look of the R9T.
:burnout
OM

Have only seen a couple other owners post here - I have to wonder if the buying demographic for this model tends to not join MOA?? Had mine almost a year now and love it for around town! I did keep the GSA for long hauls though.

Yeah, maybe you're right about the demographic. Would have been nice to keep GSA.

They are a really good looking bike. I like the "bare" look. I seem to haul a lot of crap with me in the three rear bags (F800GS) but when I feel like a change, I take them off and get a bit closer to the "nimble" look of the R9T.
:burnout
OM

Yeah I like the bare look too, nostalgia I guess. I really like my Bonneville and you can't say there is anything fancy about it. It's just a lot of fun every time I ride it. The R9T looks great and is sporty without having you ride around on your wrists all day. I'm enjoying it.

Last edited:
I have two!

One is bone stock out of the box (literally) and the other has had some math (addition and subtraction) work done to it. I kept the 04 GSA and the HP-2 enduro along with some vintage stuff and few off brands. I might take a brake from riding long enough to get a few pictures posted or maybe not.

Anyone making longer rides on the 9T? Think a ~200 mile day is max for me so far, mostly just zip around town on it evenings and weekends. Been romancing taking it on a long weekend but with the GSA in the stable I usually end up going that route.

Here's a couple snapshots

My Are 9 TEE has a little friend, Mini TEE. Got a bunch of toys to spend spare time and cash on. After the shake down cruise I'm planing a 300 mile day on the full size 9 TEE, that little one would require to many gas stops.

Attachments

• IMG_0273 (640x480).jpg
    IMG_0273 (640x480).jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 326
  • IMG_0277 (640x480).jpg
    IMG_0277 (640x480).jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 333
  • IMG_0275 (640x480).jpg
    IMG_0275 (640x480).jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 330
Both bikes are looking good 69 Zeff!

Talmadge- I have yet to do a longer day on mine yet, I did one day in the 175 mile or so range. Not a touring seat that's for sure. Some guy bought one from the dealer I bought mine and took his to Alaska, from Pennsylvania. I thought that was pretty impressive, or he is a glutton for punishment. Not sure of what seat he had as far as his "touring" set up. Certainly can be done but that's tough when you have that GSA in your garage.

I just got home from a Cleveland to Nashville (about 560 miles each way) trip. The nine t was more comfortable than I expected for the all day ride. Lot of highway, fair share of back roads. About 10 hours stopping for fuel only.

I got new tires on my R1200RT on Friday and while that was being done a took out the dealership's demo R9T.

That bike is stupid fun... toss-able and with plenty of power at the ready.

I wouldn't want to commute on it, but if I were to get a second bike for buzzing around town, I would seriously consider the R9T, especially given the discounts they are offering now.

I just got home from a Cleveland to Nashville (about 560 miles each way) trip. The nine t was more comfortable than I expected for the all day ride. Lot of highway, fair share of back roads. About 10 hours stopping for fuel only.
Welcome to the forum!
Glad your enjoying the R9T.
Gary

Another R NineT owner here. Love the bike. Super powerful, great sound, and fun to ride. However, I also have a G650GS, and I hate to admit it, but the little GS is way more comfortable.

Anyone making longer rides on the 9T? Think a ~200 mile day is max for me so far, mostly just zip around town on it evenings and weekends. Been romancing taking it on a long weekend but with the GSA in the stable I usually end up going that route.

I rode my bike about 200 miles today. Lately that's about my limit on any bike. I find it very comfortable with the comfort seat. It isn't a long distance bike like the GSs and RTs that I have owned in the past but it has a very high fun factor. The only down side is that the rear shock sucks so I plan on getting an Ohlins soon.

Another R NineT owner here. Love the bike. Super powerful, great sound, and fun to ride. However, I also have a G650GS, and I hate to admit it, but the little GS is way more comfortable.
Welcome to the forum!
Gary

New(ish) R nineT Owner

Been riding for a number of years now - started off on a '83 Nighthawk, then moved up to a '99 R1100RT. Loved that bike. Could load up and ride anywhere at a moments notice. Last few years I found myself not riding it as much as I'd like. Then I saw the R nineT and couldn't wait to get my hands on one. Took me two years to finally find a dealer that had one that wasn't already sold so I could get a test ride. I was barely off the dealer lot on a test ride when I decided I was buying. IMO, best bike ever. Great looks, nimble and just plain fun ride - find myself making every excuse to ride now.

Bought in April, I've done no customizations yet. Looking for bar end mirrors - any suggestions?

Has anyone set one up for 'touring' ? I have seen small w/shields , some look great. But it is hard to picture bags/panniers on that bike. Not saying it cannot be done, just saying I have not seen it yet.

I have a Vic, that I liked , then liked less. It is more comfortable [seating position] but it's just 'not me'. I thought about trading it, at a [sort of local] BMW/Vic dealer....but I suppose now that Polaris has dropped Vic the value is shot ? My hope / thought was to perhaps trade for an RnineT & see what I could do with that.

Has anyone set one up for 'touring' ? I have seen small w/shields , some look great. But it is hard to picture bags/panniers on that bike. Not saying it cannot be done, just saying I have not seen it yet.

I have a Vic, that I liked , then liked less. It is more comfortable [seating position] but it's just 'not me'. I thought about trading it, at a [sort of local] BMW/Vic dealer....but I suppose now that Polaris has dropped Vic the value is shot ? My hope / thought was to perhaps trade for an RnineT & see what I could do with that.

I'm going to add the Kriega US-30 Drypack. I've checked them out at a Ducati dealer in Indianapolis - quality product and you can add on.

Last edited:
Back