Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: SEAT!!!! 2015 RT with plank for a seat...

Quote Originally Posted by ehc0720 View Post
    I went by Sargent's today, ppalac I think I saw your seat on the counter!!!, anyway they let me take one for a test ride. Better than stock but I don't know if it is that much better to warrant the price, I'll have to think about it some more.
    I became particularly sold on Sargent after doing an Iron Butt ride on my old '04 K1200RS. This provided me enough confidence on sticking with Sargent for the '15 R1200RT.

Currently, I have a standard seat on the RT and honestly, it hasn't really bothered me on some recent tours around Florida (~400 miles). I'm a short guy (30" inseam) and wanted to try the low seat. After sitting on the low Sargent height, it felt border line to having enough foam/padding thus I optioned for the standard Sargent height.

I've become comfortable with the standard seat height (in the low setting) where my toes touch the ground. I believe I'm more concerned with comfort for the long haul as I believe the seat height and peg position work well for me on the RT.

Retired User
    Quote Originally Posted by jamiekimble View Post
    Glad I found this thread ! I just got back from a 6K mile trip from Jupiter, FL to Nova Scotia. I thought the stock low seat was going to be fine but the final two days of the trip were pretty uncomfortable. It has to go. I called Corbin because the one they made for the HD Road King was good for all 80K miles. They don’t offer a low version unfortunately and with a 31” inseam, I like my feet on the ground. They will sculpt the nose, which “may” help, but I’d rather not do the trial and error thing. I see that Sargent has a “low” option, but has anyone received theirs yet to compare the ride height ? The Corbin also requires some wiring changes and the Sargent claims to be a plug and play for the heated seats. So if the Sargent is indeed as comfortable as advertised and offers the same ride height asthe BMW low seat, that appears to be a good option ?

Jamie
    I replaced the stock low seat on my 2015 RT with a low seat from Bill Mayer Saddles (no relation). Big improvement.
    Bill Mayer
    MOA #98888
    2015 R1200RT

Quote Originally Posted by podman View Post
    Dang I just got back from a 3700 mile trip to NS and we did not even run into each other. Stock seat only an occasional monkey butt. What a great trip. All back roads from bangor Me back to ohio. Man would love to do it again.
    One of the gentlemen I was riding with was from Ohio. He broke formation in Cleveland. I'm from Cincinnati myself, but I don't do snow so South Florida works great for me. Also, the Cabot Trail in Nova Scotia was amazing. I was there between 6/12 and 6/14 so might have passed by :-)

jk

I spoke to Sargent today and the Low option is about 1/2" higher than the stock Low seat. I also like the fact that the stock key is even a plug and play along with the heating elements. Sargent did a pretty good job designing this product.

Sounds like a 2-3 week back order at this point in time. I think I can live with the height difference.

jk

My Sargent seat has left their facility and is on its way to Costa Rica! I will let you know!! Cant wait!

Quote Originally Posted by davecr View Post
    My Sargent seat has left their facility and is on its way to Costa Rica! I will let you know!! Cant wait!
    Thanks for the update here. This initiated me to make a call out to them. My seat was ready for pick up! Got it late today. Will get it installed and post some photos soon.

Quote Originally Posted by ehc0720 View Post
    I went by Sargent's today, ppalac I think I saw your seat on the counter!!!, anyway they let me take one for a test ride. Better than stock but I don't know if it is that much better to warrant the price, I'll have to think about it some more.
    ehc0720 - Consequently, I'm wondering if I should've taken your hint more seriously. I'm not sure how long it's been ready for pickup.

R1200RT LC Sargent Seat Pix

Able to take some pix to share. Hope to get some riding today.

Front Seat Top

Front Seat Bottom

Rear Seat Top

Rear Seat Bottom

Front Seat Storage Pod

Front Seat Fit

Installed

Quote Originally Posted by ppalac View Post

Front Seat Top

Front Seat Bottom

Rear Seat Top

Rear Seat Bottom

Front Seat Storage Pod

Front Seat Fit

Installed

That looks very nice! Let us know how it feels!

Seat looks nice ! Is that the Low stock and Low Sargent ?

Quote Originally Posted by jamiekimble View Post
    Seat looks nice ! Is that the Low stock and Low Sargent ?
    It's a standard stock / standard Sargent.

How easy or difficult was the lock to change over?
    Pete
    2015 R1200RT

Quote Originally Posted by 56223 View Post
    How easy or difficult was the lock to change over?
    Totally forgot that the switch/lock was integrated into the pillion seat when I received it.

The change over turned out to be pretty trivial and straight forward though.
    --Perry
    2015 R1200RT

Totally forgot that the switch/lock was integrated into the pillion seat when I received it.

The change over turned out to be pretty trivial and straight forward though.
    Thanks for the response. I should receive mine in a week or so and am really looking forward to it.

Pete
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Pete
    2015 R1200RT

I received my Sargent seat yesterday and installed it. Straight forward installation. Haven't ridden it yet but you can feel the extra support on your butt!!

Al