• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Service Available - Good deals on tires

bswihart

swilly
This will be my first time to the national rally and I am looking forward to it. Will there be any service available for our bikes? Thinking of buying some tires since by the time I get there, I will be due for new shoes. Is this a good idea or will the selection and availability be limited and no way to install them?

In the past there was at least one major brand present and they installed on site. I see Michelin is on the vender list.

I have been to 31 of the past 32 national rallies. I have bought tires at a few, and not at many. I try to plan to not need tires at the rally because I am usually too busy to want to take the time. But prices are usually OK, if not great. I prefer to plan to get tires vefore or after the rally, but if you must - I guess you must.

Thanks

Thanks for the advice. Yes, never a good idea to stretch the mileage on tires just to get a good deal. Availability and the time factor are another matter and since this is my first rally, I think I will for go the stress of trying to get them there.

Good idea to try and book a time either before or as soon as you get to the rally, as they get quite busy.

Back