• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New from north Georgia

okieinga

Hello all. I'm the proud new owner of a 2015 r1200gs, bought last week. Only have around 80 miles on it so far. I work too much. This is my first BMW, & I love it. I've been riding for 50 years & have mostly had Japanese bikes, except for an Aprilia Tuono, which I'll be putting up for sale in the next couple of weeks. As my body has gotten older I've been slowly bringing my riding position up to a more normal sitting position, & believe that I have the bike I want for here on out. I started out riding in the dirt, way back when, & didn't start riding on the road, until around 1980. I stopped riding offroad at that time, but I've always wanted to get a bike to ride the fire roads with. I now have that bike. I look forward to meeting other BMW & fire road riders.

Well, you're sure in the right neighborhood for owning a GS.

I've been riding my G/S off-pavement up in those mountains for 30 years now... and still find new roads to ride!

You might consider joining the local club: BMW Motorcycle Club of Georgia

Ian

Well, you're sure in the right neighborhood for owning a GS.

I've been riding my G/S off-pavement up in those mountains for 30 years now... and still find new roads to ride!

You might consider joining the local club: BMW Motorcycle Club of Georgia

Ian

I have joined & am looking forward to meeting the members. I got out today & found a couple of campground roads, as well as finally riding up Old Dial rd. I've been wanting to ride that road for years.

...as well as finally riding up Old Dial rd. I've been wanting to ride that road for years.

Funny, I rode that road just this past Sunday.

If you look carefully on the right for FS37, about a mile or so west of where Newport Road comes in, you will very much like that road. It can be a little mooshy if it's rained recent. It comes back out on 60.

Ian

I have joined & am looking forward to meeting the members. I got out today & found a couple of campground roads, as well as finally riding up Old Dial rd. I've been wanting to ride that road for years.

+1 to that! I was at their yearly GA Mountain rally just last month....great turn out and nice bunch of riders. :thumb

Welcome Aboard!

Welcome to the club and the forum - GS's are great bikes, kinda miss mine - got a new K16GTL for the wife to ride with me.

I assume from your screen name you're from Oklahoma.

Thanks for being a member!

Sir, north Georgia, are you sure about the quality of riding up there? You should come to south GA, where the roads are long and straight... Like highway 84, coming out of Dothan AL. I'm certain your missing out up there with all those slow, mountainous, twisty roads. Who in there right mind would enjoy riding a bike on those roads? Watch out for hungry bears and rangers near Delonaga.

Welcome to the club and the forum - GS's are great bikes, kinda miss mine - got a new K16GTL for the wife to ride with me.

I assume from your screen name you're from Oklahoma.

Thanks for being a member!

Yes, I'm originally from SW Oklahoma (Lawton). I've been in Ga now around 23 years. Don't miss Okla at all.

Back