• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2006 World Premier at the International Motorcycle and Scoot

D

Dutchman

From BMW Press Club:Friday 7th October 2005

BMW Motorrad UK is set to seize centre stage at the International Motorcycle and Scooter Show in Birmingham later this month. On 27 October at the National Exhibition Centre (NEC) BMW Motorrad will showcase the world premier of a new model that will be on sale in 2006.

The NEC show will be the first time anywhere in the world that motorcycle journalists and bike enthusiasts can see this new machine in the metal.

ÔÇ£To have a world premier on the BMW Motorrad stand at the International Motorcycle and Scooter Show is going to be incredible,ÔÇØ said BMW Motorrad UKÔÇÖs General Manager Motorcycles, Adrian Roderick. ÔÇ£2005 has seen BMW Motorrad successfully launch several ÔÇÿnew generationÔÇÖ motorcycles, including the K1200 S, K1200 R and HP2 Enduro, as well as the R1200 RT and ST boxer twins. Our product offensive will continue to gather steam in 2006, so it will be exciting for press and public to see how BMWÔÇÖs new philosophy has been developed even further when the new model is unveiled at the show.ÔÇØ

The BMW Motorrad stand is number T283 and is located in hall 7 at the NEC. Preview day is Friday 28 October and public days run from Saturday 29 October until Sunday 6 November. To take advantage of the advance booking discount, enthusiasts can call 0870 732 2005 or visit www.motorcycleshow.co.uk

Dutchman's Note:

Speculation is rife that this will be the long awaited launch of the R1200GS Adventure........for those expecting to see the new BMW F800S at the NEC will be disappointed as this will be revealed to the world at the Milan show on 15th November.

Cheers

Dutch

Proost!!!

Thanks for the information.
I still don't get the logic of a 1200cc offroad bike but perhaps I'm not traveling on the same trails as the designers.

Breeze

Callmethebreeze said:
Thanks for the information.
I still don't get the logic of a 1200cc offroad bike but perhaps I'm not traveling on the same trails as the designers.

Breeze

not too many deserts in central Connecticut.

Back