• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Where to buy replacement Arai vents

knary

looking for a coal mine
Some of the vents on my Arai need to be replaced. Any suggestions as to where to shop for such parts? I usually get stuff like this from CycleGear, but the color I want is back ordered.

Your local Arai dealer will generally replace them under warranty. They've usually got a little box of parts they'll help you with.

knary said:
Some of the vents on my Arai need to be replaced. Any suggestions as to where to shop for such parts? I usually get stuff like this from CycleGear, but the color I want is back ordered.

I had a similar circumstance with CycleGear when trying to order side plates that cover the face shield assembly. I was told they were backordered, then subsequently told they were discontinued. :huh

My BMW dealer, who is also an Arai dealer, was able to get me a set in less than 24 hours. Same thing when I replaced the vents.

FYI: there are clear vents available, making color choice less important, though you can see all the squished, dead bugs inside. :sick

SNC 1923 said:
I had a similar circumstance with CycleGear when trying to order side plates that cover the face shield assembly. I was told they were backordered, then subsequently told they were discontinued. :huh

My BMW dealer, who is also an Arai dealer, was able to get me a set in less than 24 hours. Same thing when I replaced the vents.

FYI: there are clear vents available, making color choice less important, though you can see all the squished, dead bugs inside. :sick

:D
I'm not a big fan of a particular local dealer. I wanted to give my business to someone else. It turns out they've got them in stock. As for the color, it's a yellow helmet but finding yellow vents has proved futile. There's some urgency as the winter weather descends on Portland; the broken back vent is giving me a wet head.

Thanks guys. :thumb

Scott, why don't you call Sierra BMW.
Their open house is tomorrow and their sale is on until Saturday night.
If you call them and order you will still get 10% off.
Or you could ride down and get some free food also.

widebmw said:
Scott, why don't you call Sierra BMW.
Their open house is tomorrow and their sale is on until Saturday night.
If you call them and order you will still get 10% off.
Or you could ride down and get some free food also.

:D

I just picked up the parts at the local shop. Time is in short supply for the next couple weeks.

If anyone knows where I can round up a couple of those little discs that hold the shield on a Schuberth C2, lemme know.

They're all backordered until the end of time or something.

KBasa said:
If anyone knows where I can round up a couple of those little discs that hold the shield on a Schuberth C2, lemme know.

They're all backordered until the end of time or something.

Dave if you're still looking, call Irv Seaver's in Orange, CA. They're as likely as not to have them in stock.

Back