• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

coolant

I just lost my coolant. Can I ride any distance (5 miles) with no coolant.

Greetings JWP,
Saw your introductory post on 5/17 with the new scooter. Should still be under warranty? Five miles (not in the heat of the day) should be OK but why chance it. Call the nearest dealer.

Thank you for the information. I see you are from Boulder. I was there for a little over a year and really liked it there. Are you familiar with Olde Stage Road? I have a dear friend there and she lives at the very top of Olde Stage Road.

I just lost my coolant. Can I ride any distance (5 miles) with no coolant.
I wouldn't risk it myself. As you didn't specify the actual problem that caused the loss of coolant, I can't be much more help.
If it was something kinda goofy and it will still hold coolant- but you just don't have any, water will work until you get proper service.
I have even driven with a 2-liter bottle upside down filling the radiator as I drove.
OM

Thank you for the information. I see you are from Boulder. I was there for a little over a year and really liked it there. Are you familiar with Olde Stage Road? I have a dear friend there and she lives at the very top of Olde Stage Road.

Been up and over Olde Stage many times, both peddling and motoring. Lots of turns and great views. One of many great rides nearby.

Why call the dealer you have roadside assistance they will take you to the dealer.

Greetings JWP,
Saw your introductory post on 5/17 with the new scooter. Should still be under warranty? Five miles (not in the heat of the day) should be OK but why chance it. Call the nearest dealer.

Back