• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

A Thank You to Santa Fe BMW

dogsbody

I have returned from a ride from the northwest to Independence MO and back thru New Mexico and Nevada. The odometer rolled over for a 6k service just east of Santa Fe and I showed up at this dealer as they opened up the shop. I want to thank them for getting the bike in right away and getting me on the road quickly.

K75 and riding from the East Coast, I experienced overheating in Roswell, NM on the way to Sanra Fe 4-5 years ago. Santa Fe couldn't/wouldn't fit me in for 1 1/2 weeks but did have a radiator cap. Told them to put my name on it and paid for it. It was a cheap guess and it did turn out to be the problem.

Albuquerque fit me in the first day they were open (Tuesday). They owned both dealerships and had the cap delivered to them with their daily run between the 2 locations, since they didn't have one in stock. Albuquerque had a Courtesy Vehicle (car dealership also) and I used the inexpensive train, the Roadrunner (?), between Santa Fe and Albuquerque. Courtesy Vehicle was just that. A healthy tip because it saved a bus time or taxi fare, from the nearest train stop and it made the downtime less lengthy.

First class experience with Albuquerque. Which one do you think will be my first choice should I need a mechanic if in that area again ?

Later, I have heard that there is a pretty good independent (BMW knowledgeable) mechanic in Santa Fe. Anyone with experience there ?

Charlie

Back