• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2006 National in Vermont

Lodging list

Patience, the list is coming soon to the web pages and the ON. There are plenty of motels, B&Bs and hotel rooms in the immediate area of the Rally. something like 5,000 rooms within a 10 mile radius. There will also be dorm rooms at a nearby college.

You will only have to sleep in a tent if that is your choice.

Friedle

I think I know the answer to this question but I thought I'd ask...I'll be there. It'll be my first BMW rally so please be gentle. I'm try to get my brother to ride up with me on his Honda NT650 Hawk but he's a little intimidated by all of the beemers there (comes from the proliferation of Harleys I suppose). I explained that BMW riders are friendly folks with no agenda other than riding and riding and riding with a few beers after.

Us folks wouldn't mind him attending would we?

I attended BMW Rallys for years riding my Yamaha...........
and was only beaten up once ;)

The Honda would most likely draw a crowd of folks!

Bring him along he'll love it.

Jason
TBonesR1100 said:
I think I know the answer to this question but I thought I'd ask...I'll be there. It'll be my first BMW rally so please be gentle. I'm try to get my brother to ride up with me on his Honda NT650 Hawk but he's a little intimidated by all of the beemers there (comes from the proliferation of Harleys I suppose). I explained that BMW riders are friendly folks with no agenda other than riding and riding and riding with a few beers after.

I'll try to convince him...I had a '90 red Hawk GT - with a Supertrapp and a Stage III they go like stink...Sold it to buy a ZRX1100 which I sold to buy the R11S...See ya there!!

06 Rally attendance

TBonesR1100 said:

Absolutely welcome to attend! :bikes

The MOA International Rallies are open to ALL BMW riders AND their guests.
See you both in VERMONT, It's Not Flat

Friedle

Michael Friedle said:
Absolutely welcome to attend! :bikes

The MOA International Rallies are open to ALL BMW riders AND their guests.
See you both in VERMONT, It's Not Flat

Friedle

Aren't you guys going to tell him about the mandatory "BMW" tatto party for non-BMW riders? :laugh

GregFeeler said:
Aren't you guys going to tell him about the mandatory "BMW" tatto party for non-BMW riders? :laugh

Nah, we were kind of hoping you weren't going to tell him about the blow up animals "party". :brow

Friedle

TBonesR1100 said:
I explained that BMW riders are friendly folks with no agenda other than riding and riding and riding with a few beers after.

If he buys a couple of rounds in the beer tent, we'll be REAL friendly!

Come on up to the Rally--it will be a great time!
:thumb

Michael Friedle said:
Nah, we were kind of hoping you weren't going to tell him about the blow up animals "party". :brow

Friedle

Oh...like this?? :dance

Attachments

• DSCN0734.jpg
    DSCN0734.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 327
Rob Nye said:
ewwwwww.

Looks like a nasty case of deodorant failure. Dancing with sheep will do that.

And then there were people running around in their underware...

Attachments

• DSCN0720.jpg
    DSCN0720.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 297
Ticonderoga, NY Ferry ride

I believe both the driver and passenger are included in the $4 motorcycle fare. It's a great experience and the roads on both sides of the lake are excellent rides.

Champlain Bridge

You could forget the ferry, travel 10 miles farther North and cross here
50789809-S.jpg

Last edited:
dataman said:
You could forget the ferry, travel 10 miles farther North and cross here
50789809-S.jpg

Crown Point? Good idea! Historic parks on either side and a great diner at RT 17 & RT 125 in VT, too.

..for anyone who might need info about the local rally area, I live here, so contact me if you want. BTW, Essex Jct is a town unto itself, not a suburb of Burlington. Burlington has no 'suburbs' per se.
gondr@adelphia.net

RT 17 Canadian crossing

for any of you coming this way, any of the large ports may have a short wait. Remember, you are US citizens returning to US, not foreigners. If you cross at Champlain NY or Highgate VT you may have to wait a bit. Those are main crossings. Like Josh said ,Morse's Line is small, or West Berkshire (not actually E Franklin) , and they are both close to Lake Carmi.

Back