• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2006 National in Vermont

Ted Halls off road ride

I would like to hear more about the two day off road ride that Ted Hall is planning, dates,route etc.

PAULBACH said:
For the "faint of heart" try following this link to one of the most unusual ferries in America. Only $4 for a motorycycle AND rider.

http://www.middlebury.net/tiferry/

Paul

:clap got one of those in Lahave, Nova Scotia too. Ours runs along an underwater cable to keep it from drifting down river. Also, another fun cruise is from Campobello Island (just off Eastport, Maine) to Deer Island and coming across to New Brunswick. Worth every penny that one is!! -Bob

GSRIDER5 said:
I would like to hear more about the two day off road ride that Ted Hall is planning, dates,route etc.

That would be the famous Puppy Dog ride.

This and many more rides will be on the rally webpages in the coming months.

Best,

Rob Nye

Two-day Dirt Ride

You'll have more than one opportunity to do this, either with a group or by yourself with a friend or two. The route is being finalized, and Ted will have more details, but generally it goes from the Canadian border to the Massachusetts border (or vice versa) on mostly dirt roads. Last year we put in some optional "hero sections", and plan to do the same this year. This is a great way to see back country Vermont and really experience the even more rural areas. The BMW MOV will be running the Puppy Dog Ride the first weekend in June as well - kind of a test ride.

Muriel Farrington

GPS Location?

In MapSource, the CVE is listed as:

N44 29.675 W73 07.219

When I try to plug in what is on the MOA Rally page:

44?? 28'N, 73?? 9' W

Even if I lose the comma and swap the letters to match the Garmin format, it returns an "invalid" error message.

Anyone know what gives?

Bob

Emoto said:
When I try to plug in what is on the MOA Rally page:

44?? 28'N, 73?? 9' W

Even if I lose the comma and swap the letters to match the Garmin format, it returns an "invalid" error message.

Anyone know what gives?

Bob

Not sure...do you just need to convert to decimal format?
44?? 28'N = 44 + (28 * 1/60) = 44.47

dancogan said:
Actually, doesn't that depend on how you have it set up? I thought it would allow both formats.?

:dunno

Garmin products will handle Lat/Lon as degrees, minutes, seconds of decimal degrees.

Not required for Burlington 2006 - BUT. . .

"TOURISM OPERATORS WELCOME U.S. BORDER PASS"

News clip

Not required for Burlington in 2006 but on its way for 2007. Don't leave home without it if you want to get back into The Lower 48! :deal

Beer

I asked this in the campfire but thought I should probably ask it here as well...

Are we gonna have local beer at the rally?
Brian

beer

...if...and I'm guessing they will have some local, but if not, there is a store right up the road and around the corner from the rally for all your beverage needs. :bottle

Belquar said:
I asked this in the campfire but thought I should probably ask it here as well...

Are we gonna have local beer at the rally?
Brian

I sure hope so. I love Otter Creek, Catamount, Long Trail and darn near everything brewed up there. :bottle

Tuckerman Pale Ale

Not sold in VT, but worth the trip over to NH or down to MA.
I'm planning a visit to their brewery in Conway, NH during the ralley.

www.tuckermanbrewing.com

Check out the web site - the owners are good friends of mine.

Birkshire Brewing Company was a fav of mine went i went to school up in western mass. i'll have to see if i can find some jugs of that stuff while heading up to the rally!

YEah

That was a good episode, but seeing the goo that comes out of the vats afterwards.... :sick

But hey....as long as the brew tastes good. Guess they aren't serving that goo.

Back