• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Highway Pegs

D

dcbinder

Anyone out there using Highway Pegs?

If so what are you using, are you happy with them.

I have been looking at the Sparky's. Alot of money, but a cool design on how they blend right onto the top of the cylinder, and now they are being made for the 2 Spark Plug bikes. I have an R1150RS. Any recommendations

Thanks for the gumball - dcbinder

Hey binder!

I use pegs (I confess!).

I have a set of Kury Aykn pegs mounted on Wunderlich engine protection bars on my RT. They spend most of the time in the folded up position. On long rides, especially on the slab, I fold them down and use them as an alternate foot rest, alllowing me to stretch out my legs.

I dislike the looks - they detract from the lines of the RT - but they are very functional and definitely extend the length of time I can comfortably stay on the bike.

I'd say if you can find a design that looks acceptable to you on your RS, go for it. I've not seen the Sparkys - I'll have to check them out.

Steve

p.s. - I tracked the Sparky's down on the web. U R right - them suckers is 'spensive, but nice looking.

I can lay my leg on the cylinder while riding my RRS. I dont leave my legs there long, just enough to use different muscles for a short time. Never h ad a problem with melting anything or burning my leg.

I use the elf pegs. I like the way they disappear into the valve cover. Nice clean look. They are a bit too high for me on highway, but I use them a lot when on the open road.
My son has a set of the Hawk pegs on his R1100R. He is 6' 2" and with the longest of the Hawk brackets, it seems to work nicely for him. Not quite the clean look, but he likes the convenience. He put foldaway pegs on the brackets.

dcbinder said:
Anyone out there using Highway Pegs?

If so what are you using, are you happy with them.

I have been looking at the Sparky's. Alot of money, but a cool design on how they blend right onto the top of the cylinder, and now they are being made for the 2 Spark Plug bikes. I have an R1150RS. Any recommendations

Thanks for the gumball - dcbinder
I just picked up ELF "Sahara" pegs for my '06 R1200RT today. For me, they are perfect. Light weight, fold away and out very easily, and a simple install. Pricey, but they look and work better than any others I could find.

Can someone direct me to a site for "Sparky's" I don't believe I've ever heard of them. THANKS !

Back