• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Site does not remember me.

72r60/7

Life's too short to log in every time I want to use forum. "Remember me" doesn't work. Had to change user name and password several months ago. That was a mess and big inconvience. Now it may be headed the same way.
I never need to log in to the home page and only rarely the market place since it was changed.
Nothing has changed on my end. Panjo is no improvement and tired of Tappa Talk wanting $4 for something that is unnecessary in my basic understanding.
Just want to be remembered. Is that so wrong ?
Charlie

Life's too short to log in every time I want to use forum. "Remember me" doesn't work. Had to change user name and password several months ago. That was a mess and big inconvience. Now it may be headed the same way.
I never need to log in to the home page and only rarely the market place since it was changed.
Nothing has changed on my end. Panjo is no improvement and tired of Tappa Talk wanting $4 for something that is unnecessary in my basic understanding.
Just want to be remembered. Is that so wrong ?
Charlie
The next time you are here on the forum and are able to post, when you are done- purposely log out by clicking in the upper right hand corner of the screen.
The next time you come to the forum you should have to to a full login- at that time check the "remember me" box. and I have a feeling that will solve your problem.
If you are familiar with computers, you can clear your browser of the old info (cookie) and it will work that way as well.
The Home page login and the Forum login are separate, I find the Home page can take a bit longer.
Gary

Thanks for the suggestions. I had already cleared the old cookies and tried logging out. Didn't work after several attempts today, but I'll try again next time I log in.
Charlie

Once you are logged in do not log out. Just leave the page by shutting down the browser or going to another web site. Come back and see if you are remembered. May work.

Nothing has worked so far. Panjo remembers my iPhone but I don't use a phone unless I have to. Way too small. The iPad is not remembered. Hadn't had any trouble for a long time. Last trouble was eventually resolved, but no one knew how or why and I had to change user name and password. Still didn't work for a while after changing them. Didn't have any trouble for years before Panjo.
Still "Just want to be remembered".
Charlie

I don't know what to tell you past what I have mentioned Charlie. The Home page and the forum are different and separate logins so I take it neither hold?
Gary

Charlie -

Are you having this problem of not being remembered on all computers that you use to access the forum? If you have at least two computers that you use personally, as opposed to public computers, especially if you find a computer that you've never been to the forum on, you could see if the issue is you and your account or if the problem was your local machine. This would be good to check out.

Still no luck on iPad that I've used to login on for years. iPhone does remember me. Phone is too small to use. (i.e. read) Haven't tried another computer yet. Should have mentioned that the iPhone remembers me when I discovered that after my first request for help, but mostly frustrated about having to log in every time on my main device, although it does make me keep my mouth shut or think before I login and speak my mind. It's probably the iPad causing trouble but nothing else is shown to be different on the iPad.

Anyone else use this APP in the attached photo. I have used it for years and don't know where I got it, but would like to put it on my phone, especially since it was free and works, though the slowest of all the APPs I used. I've tried not using it as a shortcut and still no luck in the remembering function. Still have small suspicion it may be related to trouble, but not sure.

Oh, and never ever logged out before. Who can remember to do that ? Not me.

Thanks for hanging in there with me, but don't feel even a little warm yet.

Charlie

image.jpg

Wish I was closer to you Charlie, I come over- get you going and we could go for a ride.
Have a look through this thread-
http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?75191-Forum-Operations
If none of it seems to apply, Ted's e-mail and number are there. He can change your info which will force a change in your computer.
After he does that and you log in, click the remember me box so as the software will remember that login with the new info.
Keep us informed.
Gary

BTW, I don't run any apps for forum use and I'm good to go.

Thanks, I'll certainly investigate the thread you sent.

I know Ted and we were buddies a while ago, when I had to change name and password. It's been long enough that he probably doesn't remember me now either. That's ok because I'm getting used to it.
If I have to change my name and password again, I may not remember who I am.

Last time I did change them, it took a while (days to weeks) to be able even log on and for everything to work properly. Even after the name change. And that was any computer. No one knew why it remedied itself eventually, instead of immediately after the changes.

So far, it is just an inconvienence that I hope goes away. But then again, as in retirement or when I was working, i'm used to it, because it's the same anytime as when you have to ride into town, instead of the other direction.

Charlie

:thumb The more info I hear, the more I'm convinced it's the old info stored on your computer (cookie).
Some cookies have their own expiration date and some are just deleted depending on how your computer is set up.
If you have a way to check on the stored info, chances are you will find multiple "cookies" for the same sites that you visit.
Keep us informed Charlie.
Gary

At this point I would look into 3rd party programs to thoroughly clear cache and cookies. Something like CCleaner (it's free). If aren't comfortable with programs like that, do you have a friend or neighbor's kid that might be willing to do it for you? If not, I can walk you through it by phone. It's pretty benign out of the box as long as you don't go changing setting values that you aren't familiar with.

Not comfortable w/ CCleaner but I did delete all cookies (again) and website data as well while I was cleaning. Nothing so far.

Cyber motorcycles have sort of taken a back seat to reality bikes lately. Busy riding and maintaining.
Slow responses from me does not mean that I do not appreciate y'all's help or have forgotten about those that are offering help. It's still frustrating, but a minor bump compared to real problems.

Riding is still so much fun, it makes you forget about things such as a computer site not remembering you.
This must be the beginning of the phase where I lose interest and wander off and find solace in something like Radio Controlled Sailplanes. Good 2nd hobby, but it will never replace riding and motorcycles for me.
In fact had to stop modeling because it was cutting into my riding time.

Still just want to be remembered.
Charlie

Well, that makes one ! Things are looking up.
You don't happen to know the Panjos personally do you?
I think they are still mad at me after that (marketplace) incident.

Charlie

Can't login to home page but can login to forum.
I'm beginning to think "it ain't me babe"
Charlie
Charlie, give the office a call and have Ted reset your pass-word on the databases. It's best you coordinate with him on this particular change.
Let us know how that works out.
Gary

Back