• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New member - with question before the ride to Lake Couchiching next weekend

jimnto

I bought an '86 k75 last august - first bike in 30 years. This weekend I went for the longest ride I've taken. 40 miles (60 Kms - get used to it in Canada folks :).

Anyway found that 20 miles into it my hand was tired on the throttle and the vibrations (I know the k75 is supposed to be smooth) made my hand a bit numb. Oh yeah and I had an itchy ear that turned into sensory overload until i stopped.

So my question is - are my bushings old and stiff? Am I being a baby (waa waa I have some vibration! Waa) and will someone take a spin on my k75 and tell me if it acts 'normal'. I put progressive springs on it this spring and a new rear shock late last year.

See you Canada.
Cheers

Jim Nielsen

Toronto

My first thought is that you may be gripping too tightly. The tighter you grip the more vibrations are going to be transferred leaving you more tired, numb, etc. Subsequently, the slight loss of sensation leads lots of folks into then gripping even more tightly further increasing the problem.

Welcome Aboard!

My first thought is that you may be gripping too tightly. The tighter you grip the more vibrations are going to be transferred leaving you more tired, numb, etc. Subsequently, the slight loss of sensation leads lots of folks into then gripping even more tightly further increasing the problem.

I experience this from time to time and have to remind myself to relax my grip - oddly enough only my right hand. I added GripPuppies (Amazon.com) which help and just constantly reminding myself to loosen my grip.

Thanks for being a member!

Post a pic of your bike when you get the chance.

Hello Jim. Can't answer your question, but, wanted to say "Enjoy the MOA Couchiching Event and Thanks for Being a Member!"

Hi Neighbour! :wave

My K100RT is really smooth, but I couldn't believe the increased smoothness when I put some foam handle grips over the original grips. That, plus relaxing your pressure on the grips might be your answer. Look me up next weekend. Look for either a black K100RT or a glacial green R1100RT; have to decide which bike I'll be riding.

Welcome Jim

Nice to have you as a member.

Take up Paul on his offer. He will be very informative and give you a straight answer.

Enjoy the event and post some pics and a ride report when you get back.

Back