• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

20 th Annual Airheads at the Aerodrome gathering

Friedle

'99 '03 '06 National Co-Rally Chair
THE BEST KEPT SECRET IN THE NORTHEAST FINALLY REVEALED !

20TH ANNUAL "AIRHEADS AT THE AERODROME" CAMPOUT
Mid Hudson Valley, New York
June 26-28, 2015

This year we will be celebrating our twentieth year of fun at Dutchess County Wilcox Park, located one mile east of the Taconic Parkway on Route 199 in Milan, NY.

Come join us for two nights camping with lots of shaded camping space. Clean restrooms, free hot showers, covered pavilion, swimming lake, boating and fishing lake, fields, hiking trails and many great local riding roads. Renowned Chef Karla will once again prepare her fabulous Saturday night steak dinner (ONLY for those whose pre-paid pre-registrations are postmarked by 10 June 2015). There are restaurants and stores about 8 miles east in Pine Plains, NY or 10 miles west in Rhinebeck, NY for those who choose not to pre-register or wish to fix their own meals. Cooking and campfires on site are permitted.

All brands of motorcycles are welcome, not just BMW airheads, but please, NO LOUD PIPES. There will also be an informal swap meet for those who wish to bring along motorcycle related parts to sell. Swap meet vendor spaces are free. You can still ride to the Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome on Saturday afternoon for an amazing air show. (Air show admission not included in the rally fee, www.oldrhinebeck.org) This year we will also offer the choice of a self-guided ride to the 85,000 sq. ft. Motorcyclepedia Museum in Newburgh, NY featuring over 500 motorcycles and other attractions, like 2 indoor Wall of Death rides. www.motorcyclepediamuseums.com. This amazing attraction is to motorcycling what the Aerodrome is to flying! Not to be missed!

Motor home/camper electrical and water hookup spaces are limited, so please request early. Parking for four wheelers and trailers is available on site. Contact me for local lodging information for the camping challenged. Note: Campers, motor homes and trailers are not permitted on the Taconic Parkway. Contact me for alternate routes to the site.

Last year, as always, we had to turn a few people away at the gate because this event is that good and space is still limited. EARLY pre-registration is strongly suggested! Do not wait, mail your check today.

Cost for the weekend camping (including Saturday night dinner for the (pre-registered) is only $30.00 per person, children 12 and under are admitted free. Please make your checks out to Michael Friedle. All BMW riders and their guests are welcome. Questions, directions, information or to pre-register, Michael Friedle, 8 College Ave, Poughkeepsie, NY, 12603; 845-473-1337; mfriedle@verizon.net. Please include an e mail address, or phone number, with your check so I may confirm your registration. See you there soon.

Michael, Karla and Alice Friedle

20th Annual Airheads at the Aerodrome

Space is filing up folks. Don't wait too long if you are thinking about attending, make those pre registrations now. We must be doing something right for the party to last for 20 years !

Friedle

20th Annual Airheads at the Aerodrome gathering

Another excellent event.

Thanks to all who ignored the weatherman and rode in for the weekend from Canada to North Carolina to Wisconsin. Friday was beautiful, high 70s, sunny, low humidity all day with an amazingly clear evening sky despite the weather forecast of overcast skies with strong chance of rain. Groups gathered around campfires and there was "music in the air", perhaps the influence of nearby Woodstock?

Saturday was overcast but the rain held off until around 3 pm. Still lots of people out riding around all day long, making sure to return in plenty of time for dinner. Dinner was held under the covered pavilion so all stayed dry. Once again Fabulous Chef Karla and her crew presented a buffet line that stretched about 80 feet from start to finish. Something for everyone from steak and a couple of different types of sausages to vegan and vegetarian dishes to lots of delicious side dishes, all prepared in the kitchen of Fabulous Chef Karla. There was plenty of food for seconds and thirds and some even took "doggie bags' home for the single guys or McDonalds dependent.

Damn, it was another excellent time. If you made a reservation and didn't attend because of weather concerns, you missed it. Hopefully you will join us next year. BTW, nobody drowned in the light rain. =8^)

Next year the event will be old enough to legally drink in New York ! :thumb

Aerodrome gathering

I forgot to mention that we had about 120 people attend, a few more 4 wheelers than usual, but still plenty of 2 and 3 wheelers. Riding is FUN!

Hello Michael! I hope to attend this event sometime. I have read on the forum for a number of years what a great time is had by all...I NEED to be part of the ALL! See you down the road...

Aerodrome gathering

Hello Michael! I hope to attend this event sometime. I have read on the forum for a number of years what a great time is had by all...I NEED to be part of the ALL! See you down the road...

You're welcome to join us any time (year) that works for you. I would enjoy seeing you again.

Michael

Another wonderful

event was put on by Mike and family. A bunch of people were frightened away this year by the weather... (which I can understand, as I rode about 6 hours in the rain on my way home). But those of us who were brave enough to show up regardless were treated like friends and family once again. :dance:dance:dance

Back