• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2014 rt alarm volume

erkj79

John Erkan
just received my new 2014 RT and absolutely love it. I did find one glitch I am looking for assistance on. the alarm sensor when initiated by the motion sensor is very low in volume and will not scare a bird away. Anyone experience this problem? Wondering if this is adjustable.

I checked the module and it is clear, just that the noise coming from it is pitiful. I did tie my hyperlite hot lead into the hot lead for the alarm module, but disconnected it and getting the same results...

On my 2014 GSA the factory alarm starts rather low in volume and is intended as a warning for the owner to disarm before it gets real loud. If allowed to go about 30 seconds in the low mode it will go super loud that is painful for this hearing impaired owner. Try letting your alarm run a bit longer and see if this is the case for your alarm.

my alarm is pitiful. it does not get any louder with time. something is definitely wrong. I was thinking about buying a replacement but I have heard that bmws must program it so, not sure what to do at this point...

The very loud sound is high in pitch, sure you don't have high frequency hearing loss? If that is not the case perhaps as stated earlier you should seek warranty replacement. As mentioned earlier other items stuffed into the space around the alarm module can muffle the sound. On my GSA I have nothing in the tail piece other than the alarm. On a previous 11 R1200 RT I squeezed in a tool kit in with the alarm and that did reduce the sound significantly.

Back