• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2015 R1200GS Adventure

1der

I've been looking at the GS Adventure. One issue is the seat height 35". With a lowered suspension, what will I be giving up so that my feet will touch the ground. Will I be giving up a LOT of weight that I will not be able to carry? Parts being damaged due to bottoming out? Any trade offs that I can't think of?

You'll give up a bit of seat to peg leg room. I'm not sure if you'll be giving up much if any weight capacity as you can still stiffen up the preload, you might have to set a reduced length spring stiffer. Not sure your size but for reference my inseam is 31" and solo I set my GSA spring preload to one up with luggage and the seat in the upper slot which makes it 37" unladen. It drops some with my svelte 200# :D.

Thank you for the reply. Went to a dealer today to get my first look at a 2015 GSA. Was told the same that nothing would be compromised much in any way. I couldn't really see anything would have been but it was a small concern.
Something else that I learned- only ONE key fob is given for a keyless start machine :banghead. That's a bummer. Heck I lost one for my Chevy Equinox. Guess that's why I got 4 TILE's:thumb

Something else that I learned- only ONE key fob is given for a keyless start machine :banghead. That's a bummer. Heck I lost one for my Chevy Equinox. Guess that's why I got 4 TILE's:thumb

I'm probably in the minority but I prefer conventional keys (two provided), with the same key that operates the bike also unlatching the seat and opening the saddlebags. I have a number of vehicles and multiple keys are slimmer in my pocket than multiple "fobs". Nevertheless if keyless I'd want a spare fob.

Two "FOB's, I'm hoping that is possible.

All it takes is $$$. What do you suppose happens if somebody loses their only fob. With inconvenience they have to get a new one. So to get a second one (if not provided) you just do it before you lose one instead of after. Just $$$.

All it takes is $$$. What do you suppose happens if somebody loses their only fob. With inconvenience they have to get a new one. So to get a second one (if not provided) you just do it before you lose one instead of after. Just $$$.

Yes, true, my cars come with two shouldn't my German made bike?

Back