• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2015 R1200RT Canbus?

daveyaffe

Just picked up my new 2015 R1200RT. Need to know if it is Canbus. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I'm pretty sure all the bikes for the last few years are. It seems the way all the cars are going as well. While it can be a bit weird if it gives a problem, for the most part the computer controlled vehicles run real well. If you want to work on your own, a GS911 code reader works well. There is a great walk through in the Hexhead/Camhead tech sub forum .
OM

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new bike.
I will move this over to Wetheads, which is what we call the water cooled R bikes.

I think the new bikes are both canbus and linbus controlled

Back