• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Deflategate

Yeah NASCAR.....If you pay attention you can learn something from NASCAR- like powering an air wrench or a bare bones- direct wired harness :thumb
OM

I understand they have their lugnut wrenches hooked up to a computer. They can get read outs after a pit stop to see if there were 5 spikes when putting the lug nuts back on. I thought that was kind of cool...

Looks like the decision has been made. From Yahoo Sports:

The league announced Monday that quarterback Tom Brady was suspended four games, the team was fined $1 million and will lose its 2016 first-round draft pick and a fourth-round pick in 2017.

What is really convincing to me is the wording "more likely than not..." and "generally aware". That's pretty much mostly somewhat more certain than maybe. And the guy who headed the investigation is a lawyer? Absent any real evidence send up a smoke screen.

I was surprised to learn that in the NFL different balls are used for kicking. Now we learn that quarterbacks prepare their balls (so to speak) to their liking including surface scuffing and pressure, within tolerances of course.

Here's an idea. Use one (1) ball for the whole game. Supplied by the League, inflated by the head referee.

Here's another. Stop whining. The Patriots won the championship because they were better than everyone else when it counted, not because of this "inflategate" nonsense.

pete

Pete,

No offense intended. If it didn't make any difference, why did they risk being caught cheating?????:dance

Yeah, too much being made of this, IMO. After the massive fumble Goodell did on the Ray Rice incident, it's going to be interesting if he tries to save face and suspend Brady and punish the Patriots. All QBs tell their equipment guys what they like in a football (harder, softer, graininess of leather, etc.) and that type is supplied to them.

1.- You can't measure the PSI of balls at halftime, after these guys already played with them in a game and punish someone.
2.- You can't have a burden of proof of "probably knew" and punish someone.
How would you like to be convicted of something where the only evidence against you is one person believing you "probably knew" something?

Do I think Brady said - "Deflate the ball to (x) less pounds of air than the minimum." ? No I don't.

The morning news satid that "probably knew" is part of the NFL language they use. This is not a courtroom. They set the rules and the standards. Not saying they were right or wrong. Because I :dunno

Back in Roman times, gladiatorial events were put on to keep the "masses" mind focused on something other than the business at hand. Sometimes there other scarifies that had to be made to make the senseless slaughter "seem" like it actually had a point as well.
Sometimes the souvenir shop ran out of T-Shirts.
OM

Yeah, small change for the team...it still speaks to integrity and fair play.

Must have been more than "no big deal" eh?

Messy.

I am old school when it comes to separating my off the books business and my regular phone. Burner phones the only way to go for conversations on the dark side. No paper trail, no muss no fuss just recycle at your local Midnight Auto and Cell Phone store. http://www.cnet.com/videos/reasons-to-go-prepaid/

LOL at OM's link!

yes....for the average Joe. But fairly common I would think for someone such as an actor or superstar that are constantly in the limelight.

LOL at OM's link!

Butt wait, there is more :eek

1d9e86874663dbc250b5055e47195f20.jpg

cf710c555076cd58071aacaf8d0b6fe7.jpg

8d9e114270e1c916f6cb280f264d58d5.jpg

fce2e37e0d3ce608904f8c04cf48cf6e.png

Yeah, having it all really isn't good enough :rofl :rofl
Waddya say, the pros need someone to say "I don't think that's a good idea"- 24/7.
:D
OM

GO whichever other team is playing in some game.

Attachments

• A96304F4-98C4-48EC-B732-4F8171BAF64A.jpeg
    A96304F4-98C4-48EC-B732-4F8171BAF64A.jpeg
    38.4 KB · Views: 145
"Gladiatorial events put on to keep the publics mind of what is really going on"
"Drunk drivers unite! There is a game on tonight!
:hungover
OM

Back