• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Deflategate

Butt wait, there is more :eek

1d9e86874663dbc250b5055e47195f20.jpg

cf710c555076cd58071aacaf8d0b6fe7.jpg

8d9e114270e1c916f6cb280f264d58d5.jpg

fce2e37e0d3ce608904f8c04cf48cf6e.png

Yeah, having it all really isn't good enough :rofl :rofl
Waddya say, the pros need someone to say "I don't think that's a good idea"- 24/7.
:D
OM

We're still here!!!, We're still here!!! :gerg

By K75 would handle awful if Brady was in charge of airing up the tires. But he is a gazillionaire and I am less wealthy by a couple of orders of magnitude so he wins, unless you count integrity. A pox upon them all. What we pay professional athletes is obscene.

You must have watched to make that determination. I watched and hit big on a pool. Very exciting, maybe next year they can call it the Patriot Bowl and give out the Belichick trophy. :dance The parade should be good tomorrow 50+ and sunny.

You must have watched to make that determination. I watched and hit big on a pool. Very exciting, maybe next year they can call it the Patriot Bowl and give out the Belichick trophy. :dance The parade should be good tomorrow 50+ and sunny.

I looked up the final score on CNN. Otherwise I didn't much care. When I look at income issues, debt issues, middle class issues, debt issues, I find what we pay athletes to be obscene. Until we attack homelessness and hunger in the US, I consider these folks to be plunderers. YMMV.

The Big Show

The big show was the night before in San Diego.

"Eli's coming"

Wayne Koppa
Grayling, MI
#71,449

I looked up the final score on CNN. Otherwise I didn't much care. When I look at income issues, debt issues, middle class issues, debt issues, I find what we pay athletes to be obscene. Until we attack homelessness and hunger in the US, I consider these folks to be plunderers. YMMV.

I agree and what galls me more than anything is that they are called heroes... WTF is so heroic about being overpaid to play a game??? Please 'splain that one to me....:scratch

Last edited:
The commuter rail station is standing room only this morning- headed to Boston. I would like to see this kind of tribute for troops coming home from service.
OM

Last edited:
Warning
This is not a troll.
It can be read as a troll.
If you read it as a troll - DON’T FEED THE TROLL

I found the Super Bowl as lackluster as anyone else. I watched the game by myself on a day off and was rooting for Brady and the Patriots. I am not a fan of either. Rather, I find a certain perverse pleasure in rooting for a QB and team everyone else loves to hate. With no “skin in the game” it gives me something to chuckle about when I read this thread.

I am more amazed at the salaries of professional athletes and money teams make than I am offended by them. In true capitalist terms they are just maximizing the economic benefits offered by the opportunity. Now if you want to have a debate about the systems we have created in this country ... (this is not a troll and forum rules.) I understand Paul’s sentiment about homelessness v salaries but don’t exactly share them.

In December 2019 I will have been a volunteer in Project HOME for twenty years. I have volunteered as a evening host, overnight host and volunteer coordinator in that time. We focus on providing shelter for homeless families. My experience is different than those working with single male of female shelters. Guest ages have ranged from newborn (we had a pregnant woman that gave birth while staying with us) to grandparents with their children/grandchildren. Education levels do tend to be high school graduate or lower. However, we have had guests with postgraduate degrees in need of shelter. We provide tutoring to students and have celebrated many June graduations over the years.

This month we were a secondary - overflow shelter. Every year we have a Super Bowl party. The primary shelter was the host. I am certain they found the game boring, just as you, and had fun at the party, just as many of you did. I doubt any of them were outraged at the salaries or excesses displayed. They save their outrage for other things nearer to them.

The excess and dealing with homelessness are not mutually exclusive. Take some action. Project HOME or similar services exist all over the nation. They all need volunteers. They need donations. I will make an odd pitch here.

We have little trouble getting donations of clothing for children and average sized adults. We struggle with men’s size clothing needs. That old ATGATT gathering dust in your closet or garage would be great gear for a homeless day worker to find at their shelter.

Hire the homeless. If you are in charge of hiring don’t pass over a homeless person with the qualifications you need. Yes, there will be some complications until they re-establish themselves in life. In my experience when I did they were hard working because they had a real purpose and reason to show up. They will be just like the rest of your employees in the long run - some great and some not worth a ___. All I am suggesting is that homelessness not be used as a first knockout reason for not considering them.

It won’t make you a Super Bowl hero. I am definitely not that. Salary disparity may leave you incredulous but the real outrage is to not do something, no matter how small and seemingly insignificant it is, when presented with the chance to act.

Thanks for listening. Rant over.

Warning
This is not a troll.
It can be read as a troll.
If you read it as a troll - DON’T FEED THE TROLL

Seems like the “leadership” of the National Felony League needs some leadership training :scratch
OM

:rofl:ha

Curious to see how that ends for that D-bag :lurk

Not sure which one you consider a D-bag, but so far I've noted the Kraft masseuses have been IDed as not being illegals, or sex traffic victims.
If that proves to be true, we're down to a 77 year old widower wanting a quick way to get off. Granted he's a billionaire, and should make better choices given his high profile, but still, I have trouble getting angry with the guy.

... but so far I've noted the Kraft masseuses have been IDed as not being illegals, or sex traffic victims.
If that proves to be true, we're down to a 77 year old widower wanting a quick way to get off.

If indeed that proves to be true it is still purely an accident of the draw. The crime is indeed less his than the traffickers who were running the joint. But it is always a two edge sword. The sex worker and the john are both culpable. But the real criminals are the pimps and traffickers.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/b...rn-indentured-servitude/ar-BBUhZgJ?li=BBnb7Kz

Last edited:
Not sure which one you consider a D-bag, but so far I've noted the Kraft masseuses have been IDed as not being illegals, or sex traffic victims.
If that proves to be true, we're down to a 77 year old widower wanting a quick way to get off. Granted he's a billionaire, and should make better choices given his high profile, but still, I have trouble getting angry with the guy.

Behaviorally, he’s only a step or two away from Jeffrey Epstein, the most egregious of the three musketeers. You don’t have to be angry with him to find him despicable.

Best,
DG

Back